How Many Owners Is Too Many?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

fozRB25

Car
E55, R33, Scirocco & CBR1000RR
Evening all! So, I have another question..... I came across this on AutoTrader a few weeks and after the dealer taking an age to get back to me (red flag!), when he finally did, he was a bit vague with his answers.
I asked about history etc and how many owners the car has had to which he said 5 or 6. Now the car has done, I think he said circa 38k and mot history (gov website) supports this.
I'd expect 5+ owners on something like a Fiesta ST, but not so much on something like this. Does the milage vs owners put you off and, what would you expect / consider to be an 'acceptable' number of owners on something like this?
Now I'm not buying the car as the address (previous motor traders) associated with the dealer has some dodgy history (done my homework!), this is just to gauge your opinion! Thanks all :)

Auto Trader UK - New and Used Cars For Sale

Welcome. It depends a lot on the car and the intended use. But generally I go on condition and how it drives more than anything else, including lack of history.

It’s the sort of car that many people will buy to scratch an itch and leep for a couple of years or so. At 15 years old the number of previous owners is no surprise.
With this car it is absolutely essential to buy on condition and service history. Also check brakes/disk/tyres. Any sign of scrimping on these, run for the hills.

It’s the sort of car that many people will buy to scratch an itch and leep for a couple of years or so. At 15 years old the number of previous owners is no surprise.
With this car it is absolutely essential to buy on condition and service history. Also check brakes/disk/tyres. Any sign of scrimping on these, run for the hills.
This…

The asking price for the above car puts it in W212 territory. Far better car IMO.
I have been looking at those too, I do like them and there does seem to be more readily available the the W211.

Dealer feedback would certainly make me think more than twice.
Absolutely. I do recall seeing it for sale towards the tail end of last year with the same dealer. Definitely not a company I would feel comfortable doing business with! 😬

I have been looking at those too, I do like them and there does seem to be more readily available the the W211.
If you have up to £20k or more, don't be looking at 211's. (If you are determined, look at 55's not 63's)
I've had both 211 and my current 212. Nothing wrong with the 211, but the 212 is superior in so many aspects. IMO of course.

If you have up to £20k or more, don't be looking at 211's. (If you are determined, look at 55's not 63's)
I've had both 211 and my current 212. Nothing wrong with the 211, but the 212 is superior in so many aspects. IMO of course.
Thanks AMGeed. I do really like the E55 but the W212 is on the cards too.
Can I ask what your thoughts are on the E55 having owned one? I wouldn't be using it daily, it would be more of a weekend car.
I do like the thought of 666BHP and 775ft lbs though! I've had a look at your gallery and she's a good looking motor!😍

^ Thanks.
The W211 E55 is a brilliant car with potential to have circa 600bhp with just mapping and a smaller s/c pulley. Very reliable engines and I loved the 6+ years I owned mine.
Stepping into a stock W212 E63 Biturbo is similar to a mapped E55, with more torque. A remap is different level altogether. Many will disagree (one in particular:doh:) but I feel the M156 6.2 n/a engine belongs in the C63, not the E63. It's excellent in a small point and shoot throw it around car like the C63, not the bigger E63. It needs plenty of revs to come alive.
I tried an E63 with the M156 and just didn't like it, so went for the M157. Doesn't sound as good, but licks it in all other aspects. All IMO of course.
Now watch me get flak for an opinion.;)

It’s the same with Porsches, Ferraris and other high end cars.

^ Thanks.
The W211 E55 is a brilliant car with potential to have circa 600bhp with just mapping and a smaller s/c pulley. Very reliable engines and I loved the 6+ years I owned mine.
Stepping into a stock W212 E63 Biturbo is similar to a mapped E55, with more torque. A remap is different level altogether. Many will disagree (one in particular:doh:) but I feel the M156 6.2 n/a engine belongs in the C63, not the E63. It's excellent in a small point and shoot throw it around car like the C63, not the bigger E63. It needs plenty of revs to come alive.
I tried an E63 with the M156 and just didn't like it, so went for the M157. Doesn't sound as good, but licks it in all other aspects. All IMO of course.
Opinions are like Anal sphincters

Everyone has one 🤣

^ Yep. And fortunately the forum still allows us to have one.
I don't mind if someone has a differing opinion either, provided they back it up with constructive criticism of mine.

^ Thanks.
Thanks bud, appreciated. A lot of the reviews I've watched echo your opinion and as you say people will disagree but, I guess it's subjective!
I do like the thought of a turbo, and though experience I do know how easy it is to eek more power out of them! :)

It’s the same with Porsches, Ferraris and other high end cars.
Exactly. I was almost put off getting my R8 when I realised it had 6 or 7 (can't remember!) previous owners... but it is only 21k miles, FSH, and almost showroom condition. So as above, buy on condition and history...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom