how many times do you clean your car

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
usually one a week on a sunday

I like to wash mine once a week otherwise I find the wheels collect so much dust its increasingly difficult to remove and more likely to discolour.

Mr Polish does mine when it needs it, A car is no more than a depreciating "asset", but a necessary evil in the sad world we live in, but I do like a little bit of comfort

Last edited:
My wheels dirty up the most and i like them to look clean so Wheels only can be twice a week.
Next is under the Bump strip when dirty sometimes at same time as wheels
Then The Flanks only + headlight & front bumper and rear flank I find my bonnet boot and roof tend to stay fairly clean so they only get done about once a fortnight.
Doing it this way it never takes more than 10 minutes
In the early 70's I worked weekends at the 5 minute carwash and would wash up to 250 cars a day hence even now I can wash one and complete it before the neighbour fires up his pressure washer.
I like them clean but the law of diminishing returns applies 1 trip on a wet road and your back where you started so I dont detail them I can see the attraction but just have not got the time.

I think I can break the record this year. My VW caddy has been cleaned once this year way to busy paint correcting and crystal lacquer coating everyone else's car's lol. But when I do clean it I always book out 7 days just to do my own vehicle which will be happening in a weeks time. This clean will involve the following:

-Repainting bonnet & front bumper (I try to do this twice a year)

-Repainting all hubs and calipers.

-Remove all sign writing vinyl.

-A full winter deep clean decontamination for the entire body. This includes Surfex HD bath, snow foam, 2bm wash, chemical bath, rewash, air blow dryed, full clay bar system & then a full IPA wipe down.

-wet sand any areas the vinyl sign writing may have sunk the lacquer.

-Complete paint correction if needed.

-wheels removed, arches, hubs and calipers deep cleaned and then crystal lacquered.

-wheels deep cleaned off the car including Surfex HD, bilberry, iron x, warm air dried, tardis and IPA wipe down. Then coated in crystal lacquer.

-fit new coil overs as old ones are a little tired.

-fit wheels back on.

-Another full body IPA wipe down.

-Crystal lacquer paintwork with Gtechniq C1.

-3 x coats of exoV2.

-All glass coated in G1

-Then a full day on the interior inc glass coating for leather seats and all carpets.

Hence the 7 days;)

I clean it in my sleep as well, just stop about 2 o'clock for a wee, do i win.

how many times do you clean your Merc i clean mine three times a week thats wash and wax , and do the inside at lest twice a week:thumb::thumb:

You've got far too much spare time on your hands-once every 2 weeks for me;)

i think detailed wins the competition .....

normally once a week... in winter probably more so... hated seeing think dirty black lumps of ice stuck around wheel arches... dad has double garage so used to wash in the garage and slowly dispense water away with broom.... sheepishly as people walking by on pavement wouldn't have been too impressed avoiding the skating rink I had made

Once a week but in winter have been known to give car a quick snow foam mid-week if the roads are filthy and the car is caked in road salt

Once a week generally, wish it was light after 5pm at the moment. Mine is utterly covered in road salt and dirt but I'm not going out there to clean in the dark...

I'd trip over the hose and break my neck knowing my luck. LOL

After each time I drive it... Body, windows, exhaust, wheels, calipers and engine bay.

Detailed cleaning takes place between drives.

Usually once a week but since moving to sunny Cornwall a couple of months ago it now seems to be at least twice a week

Normally once a week if I have been driving it. Otherwise maybe every few weeks if I have not really taken the beast out :)

Exterior: no particular schedule, only when it begins to look dirty. Looks lovely after it's just been cleaned.

Interior: rarely, as I always remove rubbish etc.

Weekly - and usually a few friends too - next weekend I'm training a group of chaps on 'basic car valeting/detailing' for Autobrite - I do it about once a month and usually fully detail a few cars a year, for fun and pleasure, Mr Taxman....

When I get to do my SLK properly I will post pics here, she just needs an enhancement detail, like swirls, previously owner I suggest didn't have her washed too frequently, which I'm pleased about, on the assumption she would more than likely have got washed with a sponge and dried with a chamois (has to sit down at the thought!)....

Regards,
Clive.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom