How many

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

artyman

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
Kia E-Niro ex C 200 CDI Sport
Being new to this 'super cleaning' game how many coats of wax should I apply and does it make any difference in longevity or shine.

I would say two - so you cover the parts missed and get an even spread.

Anymore coats and I reckon you would be taking wax off !

Chris

I would say two - so you cover the parts missed and get an even spread.

Anymore coats and I reckon you would be taking wax off !

Chris

I agree. Two coats is enough and then go over it all with a finishing spray and a micro fibre cloth which will get rid of any smears.

Do one or two costs regularly. The more often you do it the greater the protection.

I tend to

Wash
dry
Clay (every 6 months)
Polish with a paste
Wax (dodo juice)
wait ----- about 1 hour maybe clean inside
Wax again
Liquid polish spray wax
Microfiber it all off

Job done.

Leave the polish and clay stage off for next 6 months and just wax once a week.

Car will look like glass trust me ;)

Well I did the second wax today on the car and the wheels, looks nice, bet the birds will have had a go at it by morning though! The plumber didn't turn up he was sick so no hose connection yet. :(

Excuse the ignorance but what is "clay". What are the benefits of using it?

The most amount of wax coats I would put on any automobile would be 3. After this,'in my personal opinion' you will be removing the coat before. If you have the car in a garage use a pre wax cleaner thoroughly to prep the paint. This way you will be able to leave the wax to cure for longer before buffing off the excess. Longer curing times will let the wax bond better to the paint, therefore lasting longer in durability. Try to leave 24 hours in between coats. 3 hours in fine but 24 hours will let the first coat cure like concrete.

Excuse the ignorance but what is "clay". What are the benefits of using it?

Very important. It gets rid of all the contaminants so you have a nice smooth surface to start from for example tar tree sap all that lot, and you will find that if it hasn't been done for a while the colour changes back to how it left showroom.

I'd say two too

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom