How much are my AMG wheels worth?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

cfosteramg

Hi all, i'm new to the Merc world and have recently bought a W230 SL500 with factory amg kit, wheels, suspension etc etc.... I'm about to wrap the car in a matt colour (not black!) (i'm a signwriter by trade) and quite fancy changing the wheels to something a little larger. At the moment I have the staggered AMG 18" wheels (genuines...). Has anyone any idea what they are worth to sell?! If they are worth a fair bit then i'll out them!

These are the wheels I have....

merced.jpg

If anyone can advise it would be great!

Thanks
Chris

They're worth about £50 mate, I'll do you a favour and take them off your hands.

Seriously though, the value of the wheels depends a lot on what brand tyres and the tread depth. Post these details to give us a better idea.

lol deal!!!!!

Tyres are all Michelin's Pilot F1's I think and under 6 months old!!

There's probably £500 worth of tyre there then, if not a bit more.

It's hard to judge with your wheels, if I'm being honest, but there are a few things that you can factor in; how quick you want to get rid and what you think they're worth.

Your best bet is to have a butchers on eBay and see what they are selling for via auction.

Whereabouts in the country are you?

true true, havent had a chance to look on ebay yet..... not in any hurry but on the other hand once i've found a set of replacements I dont want to hang onto them for hte sakes of a few quid!! I'm based in Essex...!

Chris

How much do you think you'll be spending on a larger set?

Like you say aswell, you'll need to buy another set before you can sell yours.

That car is lovely as is...

Why would you want to wrap it in matt vinyl and put drug dealer wheels on it ?

The whole matt vinyl wrap thing baffles me to be honest. Never seen a car that looks good with it done.

Those look like AMG IIIs - currently around £1700 a set new. As mentioned the 2nd hand value depends on condition, tyres, and how quickly you want to get rid of them!

I agree the car looks great as is ...

Only thing I would change on your car is the rear light clusters, a set of AMG ones would look great :)

Thanks guys, it does look lovely as it is but part of my work is wrapping so its kind of a no brainer to have my own car wrapped, its not overly costly taking the labour out of it, and once bored it can be removed without causing any damage!

Howard - it is a love hate thing as you say, I did wrap my last car matt black and it got nothing but positive comments! A bit boy racery but they're the people that spend the money!

Here is a quick pic of the 2 wraps I did on it....

white...
Dsc00489.jpg

matt black
audimerc.jpg

BTB - £1700 new!! blimey! How can I confirm that they are the AMG III's? Will it be embossed on the inside? Condition wise they are not 100% mint but no way near in need of a refurb!

killerhertz - would love the rear lights but they are mega money arent they?

Chris :)

Last edited:
The S4 looks the dogs danglies! looks very good.

BUT

ive seen a few Matt'd out SL's in black and they did look ok..ish

what matt colour are you thinking?

I was going to go matt white but having seen some of 3M's new Matt Silver series that has just been released i'm tempted to go for this as its a little different. (hence wanting to change the wheels) Same as the colour below but without the black bonnet!! (This vinyl has been available in the US for a few months now)

silverwrap.jpg

silvermerc1.jpg

Chris

eh? where the other pic go lol?

The S4 looks really nice in white and awful in the matt black, but if it's advertising and it's what people want then it's a different matter.

I'm not a fan of this matt stuff but the silverly colour looks much less of an eyesore.

I did prefer it in white as well but when it was black (think the new owner kept it black) it generated more interest!

Chris :)

hmm cheers! Worth watching although the crack looks pretty bad! I'll see if anyone bids on them!

How can I confirm that they are the AMG III's? Will it be embossed on the inside?
They will have a part no. on the back of one of the 'spokes' - you'll also find the rim specs e.g. "18x8.5 ET30" (front and back will be different, obviously) which you'll need to quote if/when you sell them.

Have a look here ... these are your wheels I think:

AMG alloy wheels | Genuine new 18" AMG III | fits Mercedes SL Class R230 | Alloy Wheels Direct Ltd

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom