How much attention do you get in the SL63?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Im planning to buy an SL soon as my daily driver. It will be a facelift 2017 SL500 or SL63. I would love the SL63 but my concern is that I want something fairly discreet to visit customers in. How noisy is the SL63 on start up and pulling out of driveways etc?

Im sure everyone will say that its best being noisy and I agree. I love the SL63 sound and its one of the best parts of the car but I don’t want anything too attention seeking. I expect the SL500 will be very quiet and discreet and will probably be seen as an SLK by a lot of “non car” people so maybe that is the better way to go.

Ive currently got a 2007 Porsche 911 and although it is worth much less than the SL it just has this flash image that doesn't fit well with customer visits so I end up using my BMW 520d estate all the time. Im hoping an SL will not be noticed as much.

What do you think?
Get yourself new customers who are happy you’re successful! I don’t care what my customers think to be honest. Do I provide a great service? Do they have cause for complaint ? If all is perfect then they won’t worry

And if they do dump them

What do you do for a living? Most clients would see it as a positive thing. It’s like the builders that have immaculate vans, rather employ them for the work than one that has an old dirty crappy van - it will be reflected in their work.

That’s the theory anyway.
A few years ago was looking in the van of the mobile detailer (with a view to using him) that my son uses and it was dirty outside and a tip inside, dirty rags & product bottles everywhere and an absolute mess

Last week (3 years later) he was there when i visited my son. Nothing has changed. Van etc still a tip. He was pressure washing one handed barely paying attention to what he was doing because he was chatting on the phone for the full 45 minutes I was there. (Yea 45 minutes on the pressure washer wasting electricity and water). Their Q5 roof was still dirty whe he finished and the car (2 years old and only cleaned by him) is full of swirls. Added to than he is a large unit (say 150kg) and the thought of him flopping down into my seats is enough for me not to hire him.

His van tells the story for me but apparently not my son.:)

I dont think most ordinary people would see a difference between a 63 and 500. My suggestion is if your budget fits, take the 63. The 500 is probably more comfortable but the 63 is more vrrrrooom

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom