How much by volume of DI resin?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Fudger

Car
Awaiting delivery
Folks I need to refill my 11.7 ltr vessel however, I cannot seem to get any firm advice on what percentage of the vessel should be filled with resin.

I have seen advice that ranges from 60% to as much as possible.

I have gone for about an 80% fill but do you have any views on this from your experience.

Thanks.

I just called Daqua and Vyair. Daqua suggest filling to where the vessel 'curves' near the top and Vyair suggest about 80% but to make sure the resin is 'tapped' down well.

Vyair also said that for medium to hard water areas, I have a 300ppm reading, that I should use MB-150 not MB-115.

Hope that helps!

Fill it up and tap it down. You can't really put too much in as the more that's in the more resin there is to filter the water. Buy the 25 lt sacks, as long as you keep it fairly air tight it'll last for another refill.If you want to get **** you could add a particulate and/or a carbon pre filter that are cheap to replace (about £10 for both) but will make the resin last much longer

Fill it up and tap it down. You can't really put too much in as the more that's in the more resin there is to filter the water. Buy the 25 lt sacks, as long as you keep it fairly air tight it'll last for another refill.If you want to get **** you could add a particulate and/or a carbon pre filter that are cheap to replace (about £10 for both) but will make the resin last much longer

I agree. I suspect the best way to maximise the resin use is to have two vessels. After all, rather than throw away resin because the ppm is rising slightly from zero does not mean that it is not effectively filtering the water, and would do for some time to come.

In terms of a particulate or carbon pre filter, can you identify what you mean?

Thanks.

Mb-115 and mb-151 ara the same price on the Vyair website for 25ltr packs. It's probably worth checking which is best for your application.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Mb-115 and mb-151 ara the same price on the Vyair website for 25ltr packs. It's probably worth checking which is best for your application.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Thanks for that. I only recently purchased two 25kg of 115 because I need to change resin every 3-4 months maximum for my 314-324 TDS level, I think it is, but I'll happily give that a go if it's meant to last longer.

Have you tried it in a Di vessel yet?

Thanks for that. I only recently purchased two 25kg of 115 because I need to change resin every 3-4 months maximum for my 314-324 TDS level, I think it is, but I'll happily give that a go if it's meant to last longer.

Have you tried it in a Di vessel yet?

I have used it but only for a few washes. I have no idea if it will last longer in my hard water area which, is similar to yours. I'll report back in a couple of months as that is how long the MB-115 lasted. I have 4 cars sitting on my driveway hence the apparent short lifespan. This also explains my interest in prolonging the life of the resin.

One thing I did notice however was that with MB-115, it never got me to zero ppm at any stage. It was always at 001 to 003ish and went up to 030ppm after 8 weeks or so. As soon as I put in the MB-151, it was instantly 0ppm. Notwithstanding this, I could not say that the MB-151 is any better because when I emptied my vessel for the first time (note that it was pre-filled), I doubt it was more than 70% full.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom