How much can you haggle with mercedes benz dealership?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Joebomitcho

Car
C Class Coupe
Hi all, on the verge of securing my first Mercedes, just one final phone call away. As the title suggests how much can you expect to get off a brand new car from Mercedes? The car I'm purchasing on Finance is a C 250d Amg line coupe which will arrive in march if i go ahead. Im new to this area and currently about to place a £7,000 deposit down with monthly payments of £450 a month for 36 months for the car. The big question is can i do better? Would really appreciate some advice, thanks all! :D

What's the list price on your spec car?

Run the spec through carwow and orange wheels and that gives you n idea of what the best deal is on offer.

With the specifications I have added on to it (Premium plus ect) the cost of the car is £42,085.

I got around £10k off my C250d sport premium plus, but it was a pack car, so was already made and I couldn't pick/choose options. They had a list of cars I could choose from. Still was brand new and I'm the first owner, just didn't have to wait for the car to be made/imported. It was with the dealer and I drove it away a week later :thumb:

£42k for a c class yikes

£42k for a c class yikes

The RRPs for basic models before options range from £29k to ~£33k.

This includes auto transmission, and if you take finance there's also dealer contribution of between £4k and £8k, so the actual starting cost is £23k-£26k.

It's when you delve into the wonderful world of add-ons that the price starts taking a hike.

HB said:
£42k for a c class yikes

Isn't this price range creeping into C43 territory, I think OP could squeeze some discount out on a bigger engined example

£42k for a c class yikes

The RRPs for basic models before options range from £29k to ~£33k.

This includes auto transmission, and if you take finance there's also dealer contribution of between £4k and £8k, so the actual starting cost is £23k-£26k.

It's when you delve into the wonderful world of add-ons that the price starts taking a hike.

See for example:

image.png

I went into my local dealer and cancelled my GLC 43 last week. Whilst in the showroom noticed a very nice CLS 350d AMG line with Premium+ and a few other goodies. Out of curiosity I asked what they would take for it. Bearing in mind it was listed at 56k+.
Drove it home 2days later for 41k on the road which represents approx 25%+ discount. Admitted it will be superseded in the not too distant future. Not a bad deal I thought.

HB said:
£42k for a c class yikes
The list price for my C-class was just shy of £46k. I got it for £41.5k. As said earlier, if you're will to go for someone else's spec you can usually get a much bigger discount than that.

Thanks for all the help everyone, when I go to the dealership next week will put all this information to good use!

With CarWow (but bought from dealer) the discount worked out £19k discount cash or finance for an S350d AMG Line Premium Plus and extra options.

I'd recommend also checking if there is an official, combine MBUK and MB dealer discount on the MB website. For the car I was interested in, it was an automatic £13k discount on a £70k base car, whichi used as a was a baseline for the dealers to better.

My £40k C200 was £33k but I was hard pushed to get this from any retail Mercedes Dealer at the time I bought my car. I purchased it from an MB dealer's fleet division from CarWow contact. I would have considered the C43 if it was available at the time.

My C Class was ordered via a broker who put me in touch with a main dealer in the midlands. My contact at the dealer was the fleet sales manager so I can see why my three local showrooms could not get close to the price as I was clearly getting a fleet sales discount.

They would have delivered it free to my house but it was only just over an hours train ride away so I was picked up at the station and taken to the showroom. I picked the car up and have never been back since as service and warranty work has been carried out by my local dealer who could not match the price.

Out of 5 cars bought where I have got quotes from brokers 3 were brought via brokers with no issues and the other 2 were bought via a local Kia dealer for my son as they beat the broker price.

Last edited:
I went into my local dealer and cancelled my GLC 43 last week. Whilst in the showroom noticed a very nice CLS 350d AMG line with Premium+ and a few other goodies. Out of curiosity I asked what they would take for it. Bearing in mind it was listed at 56k+.
Drove it home 2days later for 41k on the road which represents approx 25%+ discount. Admitted it will be superseded in the not too distant future. Not a bad deal I thought.

I got 25% discount on my new CLS - it was March 2014 model just before the 'facelift' I didn't like anyway. I chopped it in against a new C350e and the salesman got sacked for agreeing £ 29k against the £ 40k paid 18 months earlier. The dealer had it up for £ 36k initially but after 4 months it was moved on after being up for £ 28k ! I loved the car (a 350CDI) but had to change as it was getting difficult getting in and out at the station with all the 4x4's and I am quite wide too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom