How much coolant for my 2019 W205 C63?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BJC

Car
C63 Saloon
Apologies if this has been asked before, but I couldn't find clear answers.

I have a 2019 C63 W205, and today when starting up I got a low coolant warning. Now I've had these before when I first got the car, because whomever did the PDI didn't screw the cap on right, so it was overflowing (corrected by the dealership).

I have 325.6 coolant and deionised water ready to go, but how much do you actually put in? I've found the manual confusing, and I'm keen to get it right and not to overfill it.

Here's my current level at around 65c:

20210523_152201.jpg

Should it cover those two prongs?

Any advice is appreciated, as I'm due to embark on a mini road trip tomorrow!

Thanks, Ben

I think it should come up to the white plastic part that surrounds the prongs ,your manual will say .

Reactions: BJC
I read the manual again, and yep, after looking in the tank again I spotted the marker. Took 500ml of 50/50 mix to fill it back up.

Thanks for the tip, re: RTFM properly 😀

Today my car threw the same low coolant warning, and after letting it cool I filled it up. By the time it cooled, the tank was quite empty which is of concern.

I topped filled it back up - it took a lot of fluid and left it for over three hours. I then decided to give it a test run to my local fuel station to ensure it was OK... sadly, it looks poorly.

Fluid tank is nearly empty when hot, and I can see fluid sprayed along the bottom of the car. Not good! And just out of warranty too.

20220723_192416.jpg

I'm sure others may have experienced this before? In the meantime, I'm bracing for some potential financial pain 🙁

Today my car threw the same low coolant warning, and after letting it cool I filled it up. By the time it cooled, the tank was quite empty which is of concern.

I topped filled it back up - it took a lot of fluid and left it for over three hours. I then decided to give it a test run to my local fuel station to ensure it was OK... sadly, it looks poorly.

Fluid tank is nearly empty when hot, and I can see fluid sprayed along the bottom of the car. Not good! And just out of warranty too.

View attachment 129960

I'm sure others may have experienced this before? In the meantime, I'm bracing for some potential financial pain 🙁
How long out of warranty?

If relatively recent and you have a full MB service history it is worth approaching your dealer to ask MB to look at paying to fix the problem or pay a substantial contribution toward the cost.

How long out of warranty?

If relatively recent and you have a full MB service history it is worth approaching your dealer to ask MB to look at paying to fix the problem or pay a substantial contribution toward the cost.
About 10 days!

FMBSH via the same dealership.

Good to know that, so thank you.

About 10 days!

FMBSH via the same dealership.

Good to know that, so thank you.
Good luck

Pity you didn't take the extended warranty then you would have been in the clear 👍😎

Believe that is called hindsight 😄

It's one of those things, and a known risk. I'm hoping with it looking so catastrophic in the level it dumps the fluid it's a cracked pipe or something easy to replace when under heat/pressure.

I had a look around and the top part looks dry, so whatever it is leaking appears to be in the lower half of the engine bay.

I'll post the findings once I know more.

The root cause has been traced to a hose rubbing at the front of the engine (the technician thinks a bracket for the hose may be missing) and over the three years its simply rubbed through.

It was quite nice experience, as the technician was happy for me to watch, learn, ask 101 questions and "help" from the sidelines of my driveway 😀

We, well the technician, put some magic tape around the hole, filled up the coolant and we cautiously made the 15 odd mile journey to the dealership... just as I got there, the car's fans went into overdrive and it started leaking again. The cars temperature stayed exactly the same as always, so I have no additional concerns.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Apparently it's not a big job, so I'm not expecting a big bill (goodwill has been mentioned, but I'm not expecting it, so if it happens it's a result).

One person did say the pipe itself wouldn't be covered under the extended warranty, but I suspect that in itself doesn't cost much, and it is more about labour the rates - touch wood that'll be the end of the matter and normal service will resume later this week 🤞

Total damage comes in at £777.48.

Mercedes didn't want to contribute which is their perogative - I have no issue with that either. The dealership then kindly knocked it down to £640 and the part is now on order.

It's a bit weird as the dealership sent me a video yesterday saying it was fixed, but I don't want to damage what appears to be a good relationship with the dealership... I don't need the car right now so it's not end of the world.

Fingers crossed nothing else goes wrong 🤑

Correction, the video they sent confirmed the leak was where we put the tape, not that it'd been fixed.

"How much coolant for my 2019 W205 C63?"​

I'll give you five gallons for it. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom