How much do you pay for fuel?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Steve_Perry

MB Enthusiast
Car
CLS350CDI Grand Edition
Most of the petrol stations here are selling unleaded - 95 RON for 74.9 to 76.9 pence/litre. However there is an Esso station right next to where I am working and they are currently selling at 71.7p/l.

That got me to thinking... How much do you guys pay for fuel?

S.

Come right down my way from 82.9 last month to 74.9. I'm happy with that!

72.something up here in the "grim" north.

74.9 is the best I've seen around here (Ascot high street). Otherwise it's a minimum 75.9 up to 77.9.

K

Kinky,

Is the filling station on Ascot high street a Shell garage? I last paid 75.9 in Bracknell. I must pop over and have a look.

Cheers, Robbo

Robbo,

It's an Esso garage that's on the Ascot high street. They have been 74.9 for the past 2 weeks now - and I've filled up twice there - last time being last Saturday morning. I don't pass it on a daily basis and therefore can't confirm it's still at that price now.

I pass 10 petol garages on the way home from work every evening on the A30 from Basingstoke (well 9 really - coz 2 are the 2 Q8 garages opposite each other in Windlesham), and the lowest I've seen from any of them is 75.9.

Also whilst the Q8 garages are at 77.9, using the 2p/litre waitrose vouchers (free when you spend £30+ - or if you chat the cashier up) then it's 75.9.

K

Try www.aapetrolbusters.co.uk register and they'll send you a weekly e-mail with the cheapest in your area.

K

Definately Esso - Ascot and try Total in Chobham they usually match the Esso garage.

R

78.9 p/l for optimax in Edinburgh.

Has anyone noticed that Shell don't put the price on their big signs - you only find out the price once you get to the pump. Only tends to differ a penny between several garages though.

Richard,

Thanks for the link. I registered and had a look. All of the local Bracknell garages now seem to be 74.9p/litre. The cheapest in the area (15 miles) is Shell Shinfield at 72.7 p/litre.

Robbo

Diesel just came down from 83.9 to 75.9.
Unleaded is usually the same if not a penny or two cheaper.

Hove East Sussex, shell 73.9 Esso at East Brighton 72.9 and Esso Hove 73.9 Don't make sense do it

Cheapest we can get down here in the Bexhill area is 74.9 and that's BP competing with Tesco about 5 miles away in Hastings.

The local BP station is charging 76.9.

We made number 75 in the top 100 for fuel costs.

Andy

There is a wee garage about 10 miles away that sells unleaded at 67.5p litre and thats not a typo :bannana: :bannana: :bannana: :bannana:

Originally posted by fuzzer
There is a wee garage about 10 miles away that sells unleaded at 67.5p litre and thats not a typo :bannana: :bannana: :bannana: :bannana:
There's an independent near me that sells it for about £1 per litre :eek: , have been doing for ages. What scares me is that there are always people filling up at it! There's a Shell about half a mile away selling at .72 like everyone else, don't these people check? Fools.

Originally posted by GDC200
I've got one Shell garage near me and I go their to get my fix of Optimax. I never look because I'm going to buy it anyway!

I'm like that too, but I looked and it was 81.9 :(

3 weeks ago, normal unleaded was 81 now its 76.9 welcome to Cambridge :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom