How much do you pay for insurance

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Just switched this week to Saga for my BMW 528I and the other half's Picasso, mine is £173 fully comp and the Picasso £138 with us both as named drivers on each others car.

We are getting on a bit though so Saga is quite appropriate.

Hello everyone, new member here.

I pay annually for motor trade insurance, in return I can put a car on and off anytime I want and be covered with all of them.

I pay around £1,300 a year and I have around 4 cars total on it.

Hello everyone, new member here.

I pay annually for motor trade insurance, in return I can put a car on and off anytime I want and be covered with all of them.

I pay around £1,300 a year and I have around 4 cars total on it.
Sounds fairly steep for a trade policy. Do you mind sharing your age? Are you in Manchester?
Does the policy allow M/RS/AMGs etc?

Sounds fairly steep for a trade policy. Do you mind sharing your age? Are you in Manchester?
Does the policy allow M/RS/AMGs etc?
I'm 25. Manchester area, yes it covers sport and super cars for an extra 15 pound per year. It works really cheap for me as the range rover I have on it alone would have cost me £4,5K per year.

I'm 25. Manchester area, yes it covers sport and super cars for an extra 15 pound per year. It works really cheap for me as the range rover I have on it alone would have cost me £4,5K per year.
Not so bad then actually, especially for your age, as mine doesn't cover high performance. Who are you with?

Have been with Sheilas Wheels for two years,FC £230 a year aged driver no points over 20 years no claims.

Just changed to LV, R231 SL500 declared remap, wheel colour change and front grill swap, 8000 miles, £210.

I know it’s an old thread but there are too many variables when comparing what you pay to what others pay for car insurance. The only true price comparison you’ll get is what different insurance companies will charge you based on the personal information you give them.

145 quid. You know you're getting older when your car insurance is (considerably) cheaper than the RFL ;)

£250 for a 2019 c43, my i3s costs the same, both with Admiral.

17 year old daughter has her test on Monday........

I have a quote 😭

Our insurance renewal last month was £173, for me and the girlfriend. Both mid 40s. Don't ever remember it being under £300, so was well chuffed!

I was speaking to my old mum over the weekend. She mentioned she’s had a renewal quote for £575 (last year it was £485)

She put it down to her age (82). She’d been with same company for 9 years. (🙄 I know. I’m a bad son for not helping her sooner).

Anyhow. 30 minutes ont net and got like for like cover for £365. I paid for it on my card and phoned her up with the news. 🥳

I phoned Hastings direct to ask them to send all policy documents through the post to my mum in MancLand (as they’d all been emailed to me).

Him: “Sure Sir, is your mum there with you right now?

Me: ‘No, she’s in Manchester, I’m in Scotland’

Him: “Oh sorry, I can’t send her the paperwork/certificate without her permission”

Me: “But she’s the policy holder and so needs hard copies”

Him: “exactly!”

:wallbash:

Interesting seeing different prices

I’m paying £1300 yearly on my S63L W222 2016, 9yrs no claims and I’m in early thirties

I remember when i got my first car, a mini it cost me £60 (no not new, don't be cheeky) i went to insure it and third party fire and theft and it was £80. But i was assured by the insurance adviser that my insurance will never be as dear as this again because i will get a no claims bonus which will make the insurance cheaper every year from now on. How right he was, i just paid £400, with 20 years no claims.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom