How much do you pay for insurance

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I had this on another thread
That time of year again, the dreaded insurance merry go round for myS63 AMG Coupe. Last year it was Saga £278. This year Saga again is the cheapest by a fair bit (like for like) £215:) which has a voluntary £150 excess. I always request £0 excess so requested this. Brought it up to £228. That's me sorted for another year

Just done a Tesco quote for me & Mrs Greedy. 8k miles w212 E350CDI. £700. Wow, seems high price. Both middle aged.
I was with Tesco for three years because there pricing was realistic. Last year they decided they were going to pull your leg so goodbye Tesco hello LV who I have been with for two years now. Tesco were not even prepared to discuss the renewal, that was their price and take it or leave it, so I left !!

The worst and the cheapest was the Post Office. I had a vehicle run into the back of me. That was a nightmare and because I complained to them about their performance and told them I wasn’t in a position to recommend them they cancelled my policy :eek:

I suspect more 26 year olds claim on Mercedes C-Class than 24 year olds claim on Jaguar XE and hence you’re more likely to claim statistically.

Potentially but then how many 26 year olds would make a claim on a BMW 540i? Almost £2k that one when I last checked

Just done a Tesco quote for me & Mrs Greedy. 8k miles w212 E350CDI. £700. Wow, seems high price. Both middle aged.
Gone with Admiral in the end. £450 For gold policy with £350 voluntary £150 compulsory excess (same as that Tesco quote). Including a 11-25% bhp increase remap (not yet done). It's £200 a year cheaper than my current insurer.

Sometimes it seems impossible to work out why some premiums are the price they are.
I have a multi car policy with LV for my wife and I.
The Audi A8 and the BMW X3 (worth about 1/2 the amount and considerably slower) are both at about £280. Go figure?
The 'sporty' Mazda MX5 is just over £100....
Checking on comparison sites says they are (if not the very cheapest), still competitive.
The only time I have claimed on the LV insurance was when we had twin disasters with the house (flood, followed 10 days later by burglary!)
They dealt with those incidents brilliantly, so I'm sticking to a company I have good experience with, as long as the car premiums are in the ball park.

Oh! ...and I can remember who they are all insured with!

I forget the specifics now but many years ago - in my late 20s - I got an insurance quote on a Porsche 997 Turbo. Like the 992 Turbo today, it was about as quick as road cars get, and relatively valuable too.

To my surprise the quote was barely more than much slower, much less expensive, and much less exciting metal. I thought the insurance cost would stop me buying a 911 but it turned out to be the driving position.

I can only put it down to unlikely combinations of car, driver, and address being statistically a low risk of making a claim, as it doesn’t always seem to be linked value and performance.

My Insurance for C320 due end of month renew with same company Rias £550. so me nearly 60 decided to check out saga £680.
I have hade no claims of over 20years but Rias set it to 9yrs no highier so now I cannot prove no claims because been with Rias 3yrs running now its gone up and they want my excess to be £400
so done a few comparison so far found a company called Geoffrey who quoted £380 with £250 excess
Insurance renewall time really put`s the blood pressure up 😤

I have 35 years NCD.....but it only says 10 on my policy....as that's the max they go to.....makes no difference on the premium though as most companies give you max NCD after 7 to 10 years.....so if you have 20 or 35 years it wont affect the premium. Your age, driving record and location are the big ones.....and of course the insurance grouping itself....which could be a whole separate thread......I'm looking for a new (to me) car.....some of the insurance groups for high powered premium brand cars are less than rather more mundane stuff!!

Well just re-newed my insurance after checking and searching, My current Rias quote £550
W204 C320 Cdi
So gone with a company called Geoffery with all bits £395 for year .
But did notice something in 2019 wife and I sat at a set of traffic light`s a Audi A6 behind us we sat waiting when a council truck came over hill at approx 50mph hit the Audi which he then hit us only damage was rear bumper and crash bar bent, but its on mt records for 5yrs.
quote from traffic cop part my fault because if I wasnt on road I wouldnt have got hit :wallbash:
Even when you are inocent your still guilty .

I was with Aviva last year at £135 which was amazingly cheap and I didn't expect to match that again. Sure enough the renewal came though at £178. Then the next day I received an e-mail from Compare the Market with the quotes already worked out 28 days before the renewal date. All the same comprehensive cover, 4000 miles and same excess etc. The cheapest was £108 and that from a respectable broker. I snapped it up before they changed their mind.

This new law that says they must offer both existing customers and new customers the same price obviously isn't working.

Just renewed with LV for my SL, £238 for the year which includes all the remap, front grille and wheel colour changes.

Remember???....they are still running strong....don't think they do car insurance any more though.

Hi , all I can say premium has reduced by nearly £100 with a windscreen claim of over £1000.

I tried to checked out Saga Car Insurance but gave up.

I looked at other cheap car insurance companies results at companies House and did not like what I read.

For my 2011 C63 Amg renewal is £214
For my 2012 C350 cdi Amg Sport Plus its £249

How does that make sense????

For my 2011 C63 Amg renewal is £214
For my 2012 C350 cdi Amg Sport Plus its £249

How does that make sense????
Either it's down to claims costs experienced by the insurance companies, or it's a well deserved additional price for driving a car with a diesel engine :)

Either it's down to claims costs experienced by the insurance companies, or it's a well deserved additional price for driving a car with a diesel engine :)
Hi , well words fail me.

I live in the West Midlands so premiums may be effected and age of cars is taken into account.

Keep up the good work 😄

Yon have to be 50 or over to be able to insure with Saga.

I have two cars insured with them, 2015 528i BMW for £175 and a 2011 Picasso for £145. Sometimes being old is good :banana:

Wish mine was £600

I pay £1200 but London postcode and have had a car stolen back in august 19.. full no claims bonus hopefully this December will drop the claim in august 19 will be more than 3 years old
I’m paying approximately the same as you are but my insurance co made me fit a tracker so I’m adding another £300 a year on top of that price making it 1.5k. 5 years ncd but two non fault accidents

OAP, clean licence, 9+ years protected NCB, CLS63 and SLK55, £1100 a year with Admiral for the pair. I tried Moneysupermarket to see if I could get it cheaper separately, and I could, but with a new firm I've never heard of (1st Central Online), but Admiral came down to within a gnat's whisker, so I stayed with them. Direct Line were hopeless, as were Saga; I don't think they like old gits driving high-performance cars, even if Saga like old gits...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom