• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

How much do you spend on gas each day?

Yep....I should have read it better..... that's much more likely and about on par with the UK average of 6 pence.

Yup. Below are our current rates (excluding VAT @ 5%). There are probably cheaper deals out there but we use relatively little so I've stuck with OVO (previously SSE) for years.

Gas:
1722895789716.png

Electricity:
1722895857164.png

We use a smart thermostat to control our gas heating system.We keep eye on the weather in the UK and adjust the temperature accordingly

We don't have a thermostat at all :D never mind a smart one. Just TRVs on the radiators - when it feels cold we turn the heating on. Or light the log burner ;)

Freezing up here in sunny Scotland 🌞 glad im not paying for it 🙂

My detailer is coming today to do some maintenance washes today, and so I’ve already been out to put cars in position.

The cars (parked outside) have frost on them. Not only frost oat but proper ice too from the rain yesterday evening.

Mid-September seems very early in the year to have frost and ice! No wonder I felt the need to put the heating on yesterday!

My detailer is coming today to do some maintenance washes today, and so I’ve already been out to put cars in position.

The cars (parked outside) have frost on them. Not only frost oat but proper ice too from the rain yesterday evening.

Mid-September seems very early in the year to have frost and ice! No wonder I felt the need to put the heating on yesterday!
We had an amazing hailstorm yesterday, hail the size of petit pois, or maybe large-ish capers. I did actually eat one. I’m not sure why to be honest, just seemed the natural thing to do. 🤔

Definitely colder now, slightly warmer duvet deployed.

Definitely colder now, slightly warmer duvet deployed.
You would feel colder now, you’re full of hailstones the size of peas! 😀

Funny you should mention that. A month or so ago, on a relatively warm Summer day there was a very sudden hailstorm which lasted just a few seconds. The hail stones were tiny and it was warm so there was no evidence it just a few minutes later. Never known anything like it in Summer.

You would feel colder now, you’re full of hailstones the size of peas! 😀

Funny you should mention that. A month or so ago, on a relatively warm Summer day there was a very sudden hailstorm which lasted just a few seconds. The hail stones were tiny and it was warm so there was no evidence it just a few minutes later. Never known anything like it in Summer.
I trust you held your Pimms aloft to catch some! 👍

A balmy 5° C in this part of the sub-tropical South East when I went out this morning.
Even switched the bum warmers and heated steering wheel on. Bliss 🤗

It’s beginning to look a lot like………🎄

🥳

7 Deg outside this morning and 17 inside. The sun will soon warm the house up with the conservatory already up to 20 so we are sitting in there. As long as we get some sun there will be no heating on until October not least because I can't bear the thought that the cold season lasts for more than 6 months.

September is usually a settled and pleasant month. Never fear, normal service will be resumed next week.

This thread is about your gas usage but I dread to think what your monthly detailing bill is! 😱😱😱

This thread is about your gas usage but I dread to think what your monthly detailing bill is! 😱😱😱
😀

If you ever find out, then don't tell Mrs D! 😀

Those Smarts are huge, washing them is a biiiig job, and with the ForFour being the only 125 Navi facelift in the world it deserves to have attention lavished upon it 😉

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom