How much is your weekly food shop?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

A210AMG

MB Enthusiast
Hello

Mrs A210 just back from shopping and we have what would appear to be the stock of a small corner shop now in our kitchen...

Given I'm not much good at food shoping unless its for beer and pizza I've no real idea what a weekly food shop costs...until I asked....

£120 and thats not everything apparently there is more but different shops for that....eek

I'm guessing this is normal. Thats for 2 adults, a 2yr old and a cat.

So post what yours is and how many mouths your feeding :) :)

:D

£80 ish a week according to Mrs Toad ....

Thats everything though , not just food ( included are cleaning products , kitchen / bog roll , etc etc )

Just us two .... no little toads yet.

Two adults, 15yo boy, 11yo girl and 3 dogs.

About £200 per week.

I seldom buy supermarket meat though.

I use a local butcher who has just the one shop (Boons of Chelford) where there is NO white stuff when cooking bacon and NO fat from the suasages neither of which are as expensive as the supermarkets in any case.

Their chicken, beef and steak is a little more expensive than the supermarket but you get what you pay for.

In the shop there is a sign that says "This weeks beef is from Fred Bloggs at Over Alderley", that's the kind of outfit they are. A real old fashioned outfit with service to match.

Shopping is mainly at Sainsbury's with a little Waitrose (Steak Cut Chips are delicious and only around 3.8% fat). :thumb:

I don't like Tesco for a number of reasons, mainly the "we're your daddy" attitude. :mad:

Pretty much everything for £100 - an extra £20 if wine and beer included.

2 grownups and a diddy with a splurge every now and then when teenager home.

£250+ a week then always need extra milk(average 8-10 pints a day)bread(up to 4 loaves a day) then cleaning products and toiletries on top:crazy:

Ten pints of milk a day ????? :eek:

Be cheaper to buy a cow !

between £50 and £80 a week.

And thats just me. No dust gatherers, no fortune seeking gold diggers and all the downsides to living on ones own.

£250+ a week then always need extra milk(average 8-10 pints a day)bread(up to 4 loaves a day) then cleaning products and toiletries on top:crazy:

No Milk and No Bread = Teenagers.

My 15yo decimates our supplies like a swarm of locusts... :crazy:

I spend about £120 every two-three weeks for me and my 13 yr old Son. Mind you, there are incidental things to buy in between, like beer and beer and wine oh and some more beer. Drink anyone?

2 of use here, about £100 a month :). We do though have a take away 2-3 times a week.

Mrs E just fell over......

She's just done 2 weeks shopping for about £140 - including local butcher and farm shop.

2 Adults, 1 14.5 yr-old, 1 8.5 yr-old

Havn't the foggiest. We have sainsburys by the office & stock up a couple of times a week. Don't think it's a lot, 50-100 quid depending on booze/meat only buy fresh & avoid ready meals although almost £2 for a bag of leaves is a bit silly..

Then there is a monthly trip to the giant Wing Yip for a sack of rice and lots of dried dead things :D

2 adults, 1 19 month old & a westie

Ade

Last edited:
Then there is a monthly trip to the giant Wing Yip for a sack of rice and lots of dried dead things :D

2 adults, 1 19 month old & a westie

Ade

Yes, Wing Yip is great, sometimes go to the Manchester one, those sacks of rice are great value :p.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom