How much of a discount did you negotiate

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

R W

Car
01,E320CDI. 2012 Sclass 350cdi
What sort of discount can you expect to negotiate from buying 10k to 15k car. I doubt anyone ever pays the price on the screen or what cars are advertised for, so what sort of discount have you all been able to negotiate.

In my case I am planning a trip to Europe in the next couple of weeks to buy a LHD,320cdi. I have been studying adverts for a long while now in Europe. I know there are a lot of factors to consider with a used car like condition, mileage, & if it’s a private sale or dealer ect. But same age & similar mileage cars can vary by 5k .There may be reasons why a car has a high asking price, & the cheaper cars maybe real dogs, but looking at the adverts they can look very similar but a big difference in price. Maybe its dealers/people overpricing their cars expecting to negotiate, making an allowance for a trade in & some people genuinely believe there car is worth more than its true value. Then you may get some advertised cheap for a quick sale. Or because it has problems.
In my case it will be a cash sale, no car to trade in, I will be exporting it almost immediately, so there is no need for a dealer to be adding a warranty, or offering me a service. Basically it will be a cash sale & take it as it is.

As previously said there are a lot of things to consider, but a dealer selling to me in my situation should be able to give me a decent discount. Its a quick sale for him & a risky purchase for me as I would not be able to take the car back if later I find a problem with it.
What have you all been able to negotiate?

Hi,there is a like post 'Negotiating a discount' 21 jun 12.:thumb:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom