how much psi?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mr_ace5288

hi, as stated in numerous threads by me about me messing up my wheels i have some 19" x 8j wheels, they have toyo parada tyres which are 225/35/19 88Y. its a c class w202 250d

what is the correct tyre psi that i should be loading the wheels to? i seat around 3/4 passengers nearly everyday to and fro about 30 miles.
cheers for advice :)

On my present car and on my last car the tyre pressures were listed inside the fuel cap flap, I have read on other threads that these pressures apply whatever wheels and tyres you have fitted to your car.

jimti said:
On my present car and on my last car the tyre pressures were listed inside the fuel cap flap, I have read on other threads that these pressures apply whatever wheels and tyres you have fitted to your car.
This is correct. Pressures should be set to the spec of the car, not the tyres.

TKB13 said:
This is correct. Pressures should be set to the spec of the car, not the tyres.

Yes, it would seem to be so. I spent a while researching and asking and its the filler flap info which overides everything else.

As a ball park it would appear to be:

Up to 2 up + (any or no) luggage, 32psi front & 36psi rear.
Beyond 2 up + (any or no) luggage 35psi front & 39psi rear.

Portzy.

Hi

The Autodata CD would tend to contradict the filler cap idea, look at the attached Pdf document that shows different values for different tyre sizes.

Now im confused.

Attachments

• tyre pressures.pdf
    12.7 KB · Views: 78
the only other advise I can give is look on the side wall of the tyre and ask the bloke who is selling it and fitting it...but I have always followed the car manufacturers advise and have never had a problem (touches wood)

how much psi

I had a situation where the tyre fitters were telling me pressures vastly different to those on the fuel filler cap when I changed the rear tyres on my Eclass. See thread "Rear tyres needed" below for full story. I e-mailed Michelin (the new tyres bought) and was told to use the pressures on the filler flap.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom