How much will the Mercedes Benz free inspection cost me ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Fastcar155

MB Enthusiast
Car
A fast car
Hi , if I took the car in for free inspection what would be the overall cost ?

Car has done 35,000 miles 6 years old and a full MBSH.

No such thing as a free lunch

You can simply refuse anything they propose. I don't see what harm it could do. MB dealers aren't some sort of shady backstreet garage who might sabotage your car on purpose.

It’s free unless they find anything and that work is only a recommendation for you to accept or not . If you find yourself at the payment desk with your y fronts round your ankles and credit card in your hand then something has gone badly wrong :rolleyes:

Is this a trick question?

It probably depends a bit on the dealer, but most won't 'invent' things if that's what's being suggested. We had a club meeting at a dealership some years back and most people took up the offer of the free inspection there - the only thing flagged on mine was that the driver's door check strap needed replacing, which I already knew.

Capture.JPG

Should be nothing, just refuse to do the work suggested. We have seen many cars with a massive list of which hardly any is required.

No cost at all. In fact, the last time my SL was done , I got a free video of the underside and a Mercedes logo blanket so that I can sit by the beach, with SWMBO, keep our legs warm and look old. That was after a winter check.

Likewise Audi. Comes with video showing underside, exhaust, wheels and tyre tread depth. Also thickness of disks and pads.

I find them helpful. My last service had the video cam and it was quite detailed. No work was required except a very small oil leak which I know about and will address when the weather is good and I have the time to get under it

Mb Inchape used to offer free wiper blades with a free health check and a free valet : )

If you find yourself at the payment desk with your y fronts round your ankles and credit card in your hand then something has gone badly wrong :rolleyes:
If you keep driving Mercedes, sooner or later that's pretty much inevitable...

I'd pay £50 for a health check if I got free wiper blades.......

Boyband is definitely the best entertainment on the forum these days.

Had a few of these over the years, useful for a new-to-you car or if it’s a while off from a service/MOT.

And it’s always good to have a fresh pair of eyes on anything mechanical - different human beings spot different things, the video reports are useful and can flag issues you might have missed too.

Free car wash and vac, sometimes other stuff - I think I got a large MB umbrella and something else once.

My experiences have been (MB Guildford and MB Brooklands) both very positive. No hard sell - more about building relations and possibly looking for new customers come service time than trying to rip anyone off.

And they’ve both had some business from myself (service and parts) since - and I am happy to recommended either - so it works well as a business idea :)

I didnt know Mercedes did this. Do you just call up and book?
Check the dealers website to find if they're doing anything. Mine was dealer specific.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom