How much will this 27 year old Volvo make at auction?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Well I was in the right ball park. I reckon NDFR bought it just to win the bet :D.

Cheers,

Gaz

I thought that the results of the auction was interesting, some classics going for lots of money. There is still even an 1100 in existence, this should have rotted away years ago and no one bought it. The motorhome restoration project for £300 looks a bargain if you had the space to restore it. A TR5 for 15k reminds me that buried away in the garden some where I still have a TR250 6 pot engine that I pulled out of my old 2.5 PI in the late 70's. Happy Days.

The most interesting result was the 190 2.5D went for £4500, 3k over estimate. That's a bit silly.

I liked the Range Rover Overfinch but the estimate of £22k - £25k seems a tad optimistic..... They are an awful lot of fun to drive.

Looks like NDFR was spot on. I must say it's £5250 more than I would pay. Why on earth would anyone pay good money for this thing. Still, someone obviously loves it.:dk:

Just as well we're all different:

So you turn up, salivating, with £5k burning a hole in your pocket, itching to get that Volvo.

Then you see, side by side, a Bentley Turbo R and a - Bond Bug. :crazy:

Decisions, decisions...

Then again, one 2CV or a fleet of CXs.

Pagodas? No surprise there - they've doubled in the past five years. :mad:

For me? The Rover P5B Coupe at a tad over £4k.

So you turn up, salivating, with £5k burning a hole in your pocket, itching to get that Volvo.

Decisions, decisions...

I wouldn't buy it myself, but I do have a soft spot for them, I remember them well from when they were in their prime. Nice cars.

Decisions, decisions...

Me too. I had one in 1980 it was like sitting in Whites ( Club in St James )

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom