How much would a 190E 2.3 16v break for?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted member 37751

I've got the chance to buy a 190e 2.3 for a good price, it needs a bit of tidying but I've always fancied one so I thought it'd be a good introduction to the cars.

What I'd like to know is how much can I get (rough figures) if it came to me stripping it for parts after I'd had my fun?

Thanks.

I've got the chance to buy a 190e 2.3 for a good price, it needs a bit of tidying but I've always fancied one so I thought it'd be a good introduction to the cars.

What I'd like to know is how much can I get (rough figures) if it came to me stripping it for parts after I'd had my fun?

Thanks.

The panels are just everyday 190e panels so worth FA

The engine box and diff are worth more but not fortunes anymore, the body kits aren't worth big money anymore either.

Will knows more than anyone else about these.

Not much mate,I would not say buy with that intention

I'm not buying with the intention to strip, I just wanted to know how much it's worth sort of worst case scenario.

This one has full leather interior in good condition.

I'm not buying with the intention to strip, I just wanted to know how much it's worth sort of worst case scenario.

This one has full leather interior in good condition.

Well:The interior is about £300 and the bodykit around £200

The engine and box £700 maxx I`d say

The engine and box £700 maxx I`d say
Depends if the box is auto or dog leg manual. :dk:. Engine wise its hard to tell. I guess it would depend on mileage and service history.

I'm going to have a look on Sunday and if it is as described- I'm buying it!!!!!!!!!!

Engine wise be wary if the timing gear needs rebuilt --all the parts needed may add up to £1000. They have shimmed cam follower adjustment too which can be neglected leading to follower/cam wear.. Look out for a cracked/ crudely repaired exhaust manifold also altho its probably been replaced by now. The hydropneumatic self levelling rear suspension components need checking and make sure the ASD diff is working too.

Bet the digital stop watch doesn't work either.;)

Engine wise be wary if the timing gear needs rebuilt --all the parts needed may add up to £1000. They have shimmed cam follower adjustment too which can be neglected leading to follower/cam wear.. Look out for a cracked/ crudely repaired exhaust manifold also altho its probably been replaced by now. The hydropneumatic self levelling rear suspension components need checking and make sure the ASD diff is working too.

Bet the digital stop watch doesn't work either.;)
Thanks for the info Grober.

I'm told that the stop watch IS working!

I'm starting to get a bit excited now; I've wanted a 190e 2.3-16V for years.....:rock: :rock:

So...what is a dog-leg box actually worth? Complete with turret, matching flywheel and clutch.

A bit more info;

He says that when you start it up first thing in the morning it sometimes cuts out and stalls, fire it up again and it's fine.

Any ideas?

Is he allowing the fuel pump to prime? Also, do you know when it was last had a full service, including fuel filter etc?

Last edited:
Is he allowing the fuel pump to prime? Also, do you know when it was last had a full service, including fuel filter etc?

Don't know about fuel pump. I'll ask.

He gave it a full service about 6 month ago (plugs, oil, filters etc)

i have a spare pump and actuator if it is that mate. probably wont have asd just lsd unless its a late one. better without in my opinion

i have a spare pump and actuator if it is that mate. probably wont have asd just lsd unless its a late one. better without in my opinion

ment to say pump and fuel pressure regulator not actuator

Rear windows don't work either, although I'm not too fussed.

It's got air-con that needs re-gassing and a sunroof that is sometimes a little slow to close.

i will have rear elec window motors as well so dont worry about that. is it in doncaster?

i will have rear elec window motors as well so dont worry about that. is it in doncaster?

I'm in Doncaster, the car is about 70 miles north of me.

Whereabouts are you in Gods country?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom