How much would it cost to change to an auto gearbox......

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MercedesBent

Car
C200 Sport, CBR 600F 06
on a 95 C180?

Love my car, but hate that it's a manual box.

Would it be ludicrous to change it to an auto box?

How much would it cost?

Also can you retrofit aircon into them as well?

again.....how much dya reckon?

Would then be my perfect car for next 2 or 3 years :)

Fankew

Would probably make more sense to sell yours and get another C180 with Auto and AC if thats what you wanted....

I would agree .

Whilst not impossible to go round the scrappys until you find a car with all the bits you need .

Probably a day's work swapping out the gearbox - remember you have to change pedals etc. as well , not to mention kickdown linkages .

Fitting a/c , not sure , but I'd expect a fair bit of plumbing , wiring , taking it to be gassed ....

All in all , what you'd pay for the bits & the time & hassle involved , for something like a C180 which there are an abundance of for sale , not worth it . Much easier to sell and buy another .

madness!

best advice is sell the car you don't want and buy the car you do want...it's not as if there's any shortage of C classes with auto boxes and A/C.

I'll 3rd that, absolute mission fitting aircon to a car, new belts, pulleys wiring under the bay, new relay board for aircon, additional cooling fans, front panel on the dash, dash out, it goes one. Horrid horrid job, mine's broke, I know how to fix it, it's just the time and effort.
Manual to auto also a total b1tch, at least a 5 hour job.

Like others have said, early spec C180's are all over the place, seek a new one out. Only issue you may have is trying to sell yours, being manual and no aircon are the first things that would stop me buying one.

david_h said:
Only issue you may have is trying to sell yours, being manual .

'Jake the peg' might buy it .

He's got an extra leg :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom