How much would you expect to pay......

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

terrymcg

Car
W164 ML 320CDI
Just been ringing around dealers and indys get a price for the service B and extras on my C55. So how much would I be expecting to pay for the following:

1. Service B including oil change.
2. New spark plugs.
3. Change Rear Diff Oil
4. ATF change including new filter and magnet etc.

Dealer in Edinburgh wanted £1300 and would not let me supply any of my own in spec fluids or spark plugs. Apparently they do not allow it on AMG models, what a load of old tosh!

So whats a good price from an Indy.

Would like to hear BlackC55's opinion on this, as would love a trip there but its a tad too far!!

Just been ringing around dealers and indys get a price for the service B and extras on my C55. So how much would I be expecting to pay for the following:

2. New spark plugs.
3. Change Rear Diff Oil

Dealer in Edinburgh wanted £1300 and would not let me supply any of my own in spec fluids or spark plugs. Apparently they do not allow it on AMG models, what a load of old tosh!

Would like to hear BlackC55's opinion on this, as would love a trip there but its a tad too far!!

Sounds like daylight robbery - the Merc main dealer in Wolverhampton (forget the name) allowed me to supply my own Mobil 1 for an A service on my C55 AMG, and heavily discounted the price accordingly, so that sounds like a very steep price from the Edinburgh Mercedes dealer that has quoted you.

Plugs aren't cheap, but I would expect a B service with gearbox oil, plugs and the usual would be nearer to £800, unless I'm massively out of touch with current prices.

Dunno for a C55 - but my for my V6 dealer wanted £1200 for major service with plugs and fluids. Assuming the C55 isn't needing anything special.

My plugs ended up being around £200-ish on top of a service and I had the ATF done for about £150-ish. Basic service what? £200-ish.

Add the ishes and you should be around £550-ish plus a little extra for the 4 extra plugs.

You lose the Mobilo cover if you still have that. So factor in your costs for an alternative recovery service membership.

For the list supplied I would charge £301 for the service inc gearbox etc and a further £180 for the plug change. Plus the dreaded Vodka and Tonic

For the list supplied I would charge £301 for the service inc gearbox etc and a further £180 for the plug change. Plus the dreaded Vodka and Tonic

For the price difference from the Stealership its definitely got to be worth the trip . . . . even for an overnight stay and then a nice day out at Blackpool! :cool:

2. New spark plugs.
3. Change Rear Diff Oil

I get 40% discount from M-B Guildford - never paid more than £650-ish for a B service on my SL (V8) there. ATF replacement was £150. They are happy for me to supply the oil (although it's not an AMG ;)).

So definitely shop around!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom