How much?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MOCAŠ

MB Enthusiast
Car
SLK
Rang MoreThan this evening to confirm that I wanted to cancel the insurance on the SLK. It had been running since 25th October last year, at which point the premium was £618.43. Anyone care to guess how much they're refunding me?

Almost nothing - as you're nearly six months into the policy. I think it's slightly unfair but that's my understanding.

Almost nothing - as you're nearly six months into the policy. I think it's slightly unfair but that's my understanding.

That's pretty much what I was expecting, to the extent that it didn't even occur to me to ask whether I'd get anything back. They're actually refunding me £297, which is proportionately slightly more than the expired period of the policy. I'm not complaining...

Called them on Saturday morning to let them know about the registration change, and also informing them that I'd be cancelling the policy tonight. Thought they'd impose a charge for issuing new documents (they have to issue them, even though they'll arrive after the policy has been cancelled), but no. Shame they won't insure the new SLK for me, really.

£257.68

Insurance is a strange thing sometimes.
I cancelled a policy with Swiftcover after it had run for two or the months and was pleasantly surprised to get back (IIRC) around £180 of the £300ish premium.

Another oddity I found was when I asked More Than how much it would cost to insure Mrs Ringway to learn to drive in my Vauxhall Omega 3.0 24v V6.
There was no extra charge at all. :crazy:

Insurance is a strange thing sometimes.
I cancelled a policy with Swiftcover after it had run for two or the months and was pleasantly surprised to get back (IIRC) around £180 of the £300ish premium.

Another oddity I found was when I asked More Than how much it would cost to insure Mrs Ringway to learn to drive in my Vauxhall Omega 3.0 24v V6.
There was no extra charge at all. :crazy:

Fine car.... :cool:

Another oddity I found was when I asked More Than how much it would cost to insure Mrs Ringway to learn to drive in my Vauxhall Omega 3.0 24v V6. There was no extra charge at all. :crazy:

You were robbed! Adding a lady is supposed to bring the premium down - or at least it was supposed to, before all that equality stuff came in last year.

You were robbed! Adding a lady is supposed to bring the premium down - or at least it was supposed to, before all that equality stuff came in last year.

What?! I've successfully been putting of my wife learning to drive for over a decade, and it could have saved me money?!

Phoning Hastings tomorrow.

I eventually gave up trying to teach her to drive as she would only ever drive in a straight line. When I asked why, she replied "This lady's not for turning." :D

When I added a lady to my life it did not bring the cost down.... :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom