How much?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gaz_l

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
Mini Cooper S, BMW M140i
Mind blown. I needed a new carburettor for my motorbike, now given that the engine in that bike powers half the vehicles in South East Asia I reckoned parts would be cheap as they’re made in such huge quantities. However, I hadn’t bargained on just how cheap. This, admittedly, will be a Chinese copy of the Keihin or whatever it is that’s on there, but it cost - are you ready for this - 10 quid. 10. Delivered to my house. How the hell is that even possible? It’s not even badly made, by the look of it. Yes, there’s a little bit of flash left on the casting for the float chamber but it’s hardly a show stopper and 30 seconds work with a needle file would take care of it, if I was being really fussy. And this was made somewhere halfway round the world, shipped, packed and delivered to me for 10 quid. Probably passing through 2 or 3 people’s hands in the meantime, all of whom needed to make a bit of profit on the deal. Unreal, just unreal (shakes head).

340B6337-B192-42EC-8B12-35C65A13442B.jpeg

DAD708AF-3964-409D-AC5C-DBB0867A6E3F.jpeg

0A289C10-D58C-4C41-A054-8810F1154105.jpeg

Cheers,

Gaz

Just shows how the capitalist pigs of west shaft us at every opportunity! :D

It's amazing how far you can drop your price when you don't have to worry about inconveniences like R&D costs, QC, staff welfare etc. :thumb:

But is it really market-price?

It could be someone offloading stock (or even the factory itself).

In the rc car world buying a cheap chinese copy carb has never ended well, folks always seem to have to have to buy another so it runs or at least correctly

In the rc car world buying a cheap chinese copy carb has never ended well, folks always seem to have to have to buy another so it runs or at least correctly
I’m getting rid of the bike and it’s not running at the moment so if this gets it started that’ll be good enough. I’m not planning on touring Europe with it (it’s a 50cc Honda!)

Cheers,

Gaz

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom