How not to buy a car

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mattc

MB Enthusiast
Car
Audi A4, 1994 E320 Coupe, 1995 E300 estate
Went to a dealer yesterday, test drove 3 cars and bought the third one.

First one pulled very nicely (CLK320CDi - coupe) but was a bit too black inside.
second one was too small in the back (CLK350 - convertible)
but the third one one was just right(THIS)

(its beginning to sound a lot like Goldilocks and the 3 bears)

Did not check the service history, did look under the bonnet (hm said I, that's a nice plastic cover over things I don't understand:eek:), did not haggle on price, did pay in full and said would be back next week to collect.....

and I have absolutely no worries that it will be exactly right because we bought off Jay - thank you very much.

Had a nosey at his s124 AMG estate and the Cossie 16v too - proper cars in very nice condition.

Fantastic condition-nice one-dont know about the not bargaining bit -its usually a bit of fun for a few hundred pounds!:thumb:

Fantastic condition-nice one-dont know about the not bargaining bit -its usually a bit of fun for a few hundred pounds!:thumb:

I could not call it "bargaining". I asked what price, Jay gave a reduced price and I said OK - both parties happy:D

That's fair enough.
I always tend to do the same.
Then if I think it is still too high I say to the guy and let him know what I would like to pay, but always say I understand if he can't do it for that but let me know if something else arrives that he might be able to do it on. That way everyone is happy and you keep a relationship going.

Looks nice mate. Enjoy!!

Cracking looking car with lovely interior. You'll enjoy motoring in her I am certain.

Lovely looking car with a beautiful interior! Well done!

Looks lovely. What a fab choice of colour both inside and out. Black is just sooooo sexy. (shame I drive a silver
car)

Since buying an Avantgarde model, I have never been happy about the appearance of the Elegance wood trim. However, in that interior it looks splendid! As does the rest of the car.

Well done to all concerned. :thumb:

P.S. I would love a good close look at Jay's S124 too, but keep failing to come up with good enough excuses to go and visit. :eek:

Lovely

I Like the wheel and the roof.

Nightmare to keep clean though...both inside and out :) :)

Now what I failed to mention is that this is for Natalie to replace her S124 320 so had to have a good engine and look good too! In fact it was our daughter Ellie-May who spotted it and we just had to have a little drive and the rest is history! (don't know about the history on it either!:D;))

Thats a lot of car for the money & a lovely example-enjoy!

If you were both happy with the price , the deals a good one. Lovely looking car.:thumb:

thanks for all the nice comments.

we go collect it tomorrow. car has been serviced, gearbox oil and filter done, car mopped and corrective paintwork done and wheels re-furbed. should look 'bostin' as we say in these parts.

^ Hope you get a nice day to collect.

Post some of your own pics, bet your excited now :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom