How not to sell a car!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

peterg1965

MB Enthusiast
Car
2019 Audi Q7, 2018 Mini Cooper S, 2016 Porsche 718 Boxster S
A stunning black CLK500 convertible, but the advert is woeful, how does anyone expect to sell a car with that kind of description??

What about service history, full spec? I know the ebay ad headers lists some of the details but if it was me I would try a 'sell' the car to potential owners wihtin the text, as opposed to 5 lines of nothing!

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/2004-MERCEDES...3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=66:2|65:7|39:1|240:1318

Howard, still got that bargepole? :devil:

Ringer.

I wonder why you thought it was dodgy?

I must admit to looking at the car's surroundings and thinking I wouldn't want to buy a car from an iffy looking lock up that looks a lot like Del Trotter's.

Just looks wrong to me.

Last edited by a moderator:
I wonder why you thought it was dadgy?

I must admit to looking at the car's surroundings and thinking I wouldn't want to buy a car from an iffy looking lock up that looks a lot like Del Trotter's.

Just looks wrong to me.

Yes yes and yes. To be honest, £10k is too round a price too.

Taxed to next month..bargain :bannana:

Yep, a poor advert like this puts me right off cars too.

Is that a CLK Ghia

previous owner a Mr Del Boy

Well dogy, have you asked any questions see what reply you get?

Is that a CLK Ghia

previous owner a Mr Del Boy

Well dogy, have you asked any questions see what reply you get?

For the record, I am not interested in buying this car, I want a CLK500 but not necessarily a Cab and not from an ebay private seller, but I did ask the seller to list the service history, to see what sort of response I got.

Now what a coincidence! I was just looking at that one. I do like the AMG kit and wheels, it suits. That car was up at £11995 about 5/6 weeks ago and was at £10995 until earlier today. I guess they are keen to move it on!

These are the ones I quite like:

This one seems very good value, he has been trying to sell it for ages, it was at £9995 a month or so ago. I bet he would take £8000 for it.

http://search.autotrader.co.uk/es-u...cleYearOfManufacture=2002&vehicleRegLetter=02

And this one, although the seller is uncommunicative, again up for sale for ages:

http://search.autotrader.co.uk/es-u...cleYearOfManufacture=2002&vehicleRegLetter=52

I have a car to sell and the thought of selling privately fills me with dread. I am still regretting not going for the silver one Jay had up for sale.

I think the version with the AMG kit makes it look at lot more modern.

Saying that that one for £8495 its a huge amount of car for the money. £8k thats yours easily I would have thought maybe even less if he needs to shift.

What do you have to sell the GL ?

Love the GL, I followed one in convoy in France on a Toll road for about 60 miles, Him, me and a Q7 behind. He was bobbing on (90 - 100) with 3 bikes on the back. I did wonder what that does to the gallon though (320cdi).

Makes my car look small :)

Agree with you about the AMG kit.

No, the GL and Mini are staying put. I bought a Jag X-Type 2.2 diesel estate, thinking it was a 'sensible' choice for my car needs (the other two stay at home - wife's Mini and the GL on standby to transport my disabled son). Anyway, I do not like the X at all, and still crave a big petrol. The X has to go.

My GL320 manages about 27mpg on the motorway, if I am not too heavy on the right foot. It averages about 18mpg around town. The trip says about 24mpg over the last 1500 miles of combined driving. I love driving it, it is a fantastic machine with masses of presence. It is an effortless drive, as the MB ad says its a 4 wheel drive S Class - good description.

Cool thats similar to my petrol ML350 so when there a bit cheaper I can start looking :)

Brother had a 2.0d Sport Estate..... loads of stuff went wrong with it and serious stuff. It also beltches out black stuff especially giving it some beans. Nice to look at not so nice to drive :(

Maybe try a silly offer with the Bodykit one, no ones buying at the moment and a 5.0 V8 isn't on many peoples list but the jag may be easier to sell on (brothers could do 50mpg?)

Nothing ventured nothing gained...

good luck

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom