How old are you?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Like to think I am as old as the woman I feel - SuzyCute (my gift from this very forum!) has just turned 55..... :banana: :banana:

I am actually 66 with 67 coming up next month. Brain much younger, but arthritis setting in!!
The younger brain thing is weird… I have this too, but when I try to do almost anything I did when I was younger I break a hip..

Been a senior citizen for many years, and still play bass guitar in two bands (church band and an ‘old gits’ covers band). Still have the 3 wheeler as well.

Wish my brain would realise how old my body is...
No way! You crack straight on! That’s how everyone should be!

I wasn't that bothered about my age , everything works fine , until last year when the DVLA sent me a letter and the first thing I saw in big letters was
" 70+ You need to renew your license " didn't half put a damper on things.

I wasn't that bothered about my age , everything works fine , until last year when the DVLA sent me a letter and the first thing I saw in big letters was
Oh man! How did it go in the end?

At least you got a letter.....my dad didn't and it had been expired over 4 years before a cop pointed it out to him......!

I work in IT, I understand what a real hacker is, however my point is that people are way too willing to discose information online. All this does is make things easier for anyone upto no good.
And yet, not too long ago we were all happy to give a piece of paper over to complete strangers in many cases with our bank details, sort code, signature on the cheque and our bank card on the back :)

52 and about to start life again with a blank sheet of paper. An opportunity most people never get.
Circumstances changed? You may recall I visited you a few years back & bought a chair/footstool from you. Since passed it onto my sister as it was a bit small for me (especially as I have grown a beer gut in the last few years).
I'm now 62 & trying to plan retirement.

Circumstances changed? You may recall I visited you a few years back & bought a chair/footstool from you. Since passed it onto my sister as it was a bit small for me (especially as I have grown a beer gut in the last few years).
I'm now 62 & trying to plan retirement.
You did, I remember it well.

Mrs Red lost mental capacity at the end of last year, she now has 24 hour care and for a reasonable amount of the time doesn't know who I am. We're currently trying to find somewhere for her to live (her own place not a care home - she's 49) which is being greatly complicated by the fact I'm her attourney.

Business is up for sale, fingers crossed that goes and then I'm basically starting again, with cash and no baggage. Which is quite exciting if I'm honest.

Right now I'm on a steep learning curve on Match.com, Bumble and Hinge......that really needs a thread in it's own right, it's fun at 52 believe me!

You did, I remember it well.

Mrs Red lost mental capacity at the end of last year, she now has 24 hour care and for a reasonable amount of the time doesn't know who I am. We're currently trying to find somewhere for her to live (her own place not a care home - she's 49) which is being greatly complicated by the fact I'm her attourney.

Business is up for sale, fingers crossed that goes and then I'm basically starting again, with cash and no baggage. Which is quite exciting if I'm honest.

Right now I'm on a steep learning curve on Match.com, Bumble and Hinge......that really needs a thread in it's own right, it's fun at 52 believe me!
So sad for Mrs Red.
Brother in law is of similar age to you and on the dating websites with mixed results o_O
Your previous business were in stone products & associated tools. What direction are you heading in now?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom