How on Earth do I remove a C300h air vent cover?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

OliOwl

Car
C300h AMG Line Premium Plus
This is driving me insane, so I'm hoping someone can help out before I give MB something daft like £1,000 to do it!

I've had a weird knocking sound coming from one of my 2016 C300h's air vents for a few months. It sounds as if something's come loose or fallen in and is rolling around when I go around a corner or over a bump. I want to get the vent off to take a look, but I can't.

I've seen some YouTube videos that show basically putting a couple of bits of metal in and pulling, but I'll be damned if I can work out how to actually do it.

Has anyone had the same knocking issue? Either way, anyone got any tips for taking the vent off without breaking something?

Thanks!

Not had the knocking issue, but I needed to remove the centre vents on my old B Class to remove my comand unit and had to shape two pieces from an old wire coat hanger to make the "puller" tools. They were in quite firm, it was less worrying after the first time I removed them :D

This is driving me insane, so I'm hoping someone can help out before I give MB something daft like £1,000 to do it!

I've had a weird knocking sound coming from one of my 2016 C300h's air vents for a few months. It sounds as if something's come loose or fallen in and is rolling around when I go around a corner or over a bump. I want to get the vent off to take a look, but I can't.

I've seen some YouTube videos that show basically putting a couple of bits of metal in and pulling, but I'll be damned if I can work out how to actually do it.

Has anyone had the same knocking issue? Either way, anyone got any tips for taking the vent off without breaking something?

Thanks!
Post one of the videos.

If it's the centre ones, then they come out with the centre console.

Have you tried closing all other vents , directing air only to the vents , and putting the blower on full so that the full force of the fan comes out of that one vent ?

Maybe you can blow whatever it is out ?

Costs nothing to try .

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom