How on earth do I work out which NTG system I have - e350cdi coupe 2009

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

malphadour

Car
CLK 270 CDi
As per the heading. It looks like I have some version of NTG4, but whilst looking around for satnav maps there seem to be two different versions, one which is just NTG4 and another that is NTG4 Audio 50. Where can i find out this info - apparently it is significant if you want to get updated sat nav maps.

As per the heading. It looks like I have some version of NTG4, but whilst looking around for satnav maps there seem to be two different versions, one which is just NTG4 and another that is NTG4 Audio 50. Where can i find out this info - apparently it is significant if you want to get updated sat nav maps.
Pic of the unit would help. Is there a CD changer in the glove box? I assume it's the CLK you mention in your profile?

See here:

When the car starts, do you see a message saying "Don't let COMAND distract you...."? If so than likely your C207 has COMAND NTG4.

('Navigation 50' is a different system and NOT the same as COMAND).

If you see a message saying "Don't let the SYSTEM distract you..." then you don't have COMAND, and your satnav system will likely be Navigation 50.

But check the car's VIN on an online VIN decoder and see what was fitted to it at the factory.

Last edited:
See here:

When the car starts, do you see a message saying "Don't let COMAND distract you...."? If so than likely your C207 has COMAND NTG4.

If you see a message saying "Don't let the SYSTEM distract you..." then you don't have COMAND, and your satnav system will likely be Navigation 50.

But check the car's VIN on an online VIN decoder and see what was fitted to it at the factory.
Thanks Mark - will check this in the morning :)

See here:

OP's profile suggests a W209 (CLK)?

Hi , have just had my Comand updated on my 2015 C207 and would suggest you weight up the pros and cons of the update.

My system was never fast but the update is soooooo slow !

@Boyband Why does the time it takes to update have any bearing on wanting to have the latest maps? Just because it takes time are you suggesting not having the latest maps?:wallbash:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom