How or where wash all seats and carpts?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

columb

Car
W212
Hi,

I have standard grey seats and carpets... and now some stains as a added bonus.

I don't need those stains any more and LOVE to get rid of them!
How would you remove stains (chocolate and coffee, dirt)?
Should I pay for full proper valet? Or can I just spend one afternoon and do this by myself?

Who is the best/cheapest to wash car inside?

Cheers
Chris

Hi,

I have standard grey seats and carpets... and now some stains as a added bonus.

I don't need those stains any more and LOVE to get rid of them!
How would you remove stains (chocolate and coffee, dirt)?
Should I pay for full proper valet? Or can I just spend one afternoon and do this by myself?

Who is the best/cheapest to wash car inside?

Cheers
Chris

The seats I can't help you with... the carpets I just did, this is what I did (and got impressive results)
-Remove all mats, carpets, lining, and anything that looked remotely similar to a carpet material (the parcel shelf and rear-pillar trims were the hardest to remove - you need to remove the rear seat-belts to do this)
- Spray everything with a good dose of Halfords interior trim cleaner, rub energetically with brush.
- Hose everything down (tring to get al little water as possible onto the back)
- Redo any sections that aren't up to standard
- Use a wet/dry vacuum to remove excess water. I then put them against a radiator, turned the heat all the way up in that room and put a dehumidifier in with them. The morning after, they were all dry and looked new :D

I'd be worried with doing the seats the same way as the spongey material will get soaked...

Michele

I'd opt for a professional to do a thorough deep clean. He will have all the necessary stain-removal stuff and will know what works without the risk of permanent damage. It shouldn't cost too much and I suspect that you will be delighted with the results and quick to admit that you (like me) could not have done as good a job.

Don't scrub cloth seats as all you'll do is raise the nap and ruin the look of the seat

Best way to get a grubby interior clean is to get a good valeter to clean it for you. After that it'll be easy to keep on top of. I find the Autoglym interior cleaner in the white spray bottle & green label works very well on plastic trim and cloth & leather seats

If you don't mind investing in one, a George, or similar wet vac, will do the job very well without wetting the seats too much

Nick Froome
www.w124.co.uk

Last edited:
Thanks! I will NOT wash seatrs by myself. It looks like I would pay more for all the chemicals needed and spend more time than PRO...
Btw. Can anyone recommend really good PRO valeter? It would be nice if that will be good value for money as well!

Many thanks
Chris

I recently did my Passat interior with a £60 Vax steam cleaner I bought, it did a fantastic job. Not back to new, but at 11 years old I don't mind. The seats and carpets came up great, the white headlining seems to have had it's day. There were plenty of dubious stains such as chocolate etc.

I then got stuck into the lounge rug, bathroom tiling and engine bay :rock:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom