how rubbish is a hummer?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
The Hummer H2 and H3 are dreadful brand stretching exercises. Abominations.

Only the H1 was worth a damn and they stopped making them last year in order to churn out more Humvees for the military

well its not fair to comment really, how do we know how old it is and who's been working on it?

ok , lets seperate the spectators from the people who can actually comment.

Who's driven a hummer and can actually comment and who's read press comments and take them as gospel?

Who's driven a hummer and can actually comment and who's read press comments and take them as gospel?
Here are the facts:

Original Hummer (H1) was a military vehicle customised for civilian use.
Hummer H2 was a rebodied Chevrolet Tahoe / GMC Yukon
Hummer H3 is a rebodied Chevrolet Colorado / GMC Canyon

The later Hummers while possibly very good vehicles are simply not in the same league as the original.

Hi Fuzzer,
I have NEVER driven any of these vehicles but I have watched documentaries on these 'crazy' Americans doing these so called off road rallies. They take their 4 x 4's quite literally up the sides of mountains. The vehicles get stuck and they connect them to extremely powerful winches to pull them out of the way.

Who knows how many times this specific vehicle has competed in these events? How many times the parts were put through undue stress? These events are crazy and the locations they attempt to navigate are rediculous.

Just my two penarth mind as I have never driven any of the Hummer range.

Regards
John

Afternoon chaps.

I can speak from experience. Drove, well had use of a Hummer during Op Telic whilst serving with 101st Airborne. Had to use our Landy as command and control wagon, with radio fit, so had to use one of their Hummers.

Pants spring to mind - sorry

The yanks wanted to swap and use ours as quote you brits have some cool kit unquote. :bannana:

I can speak for the H2 - I drove it on an off road course in the middle of Vegas!!!! ;-)

How about this: (driver was only injured)

crash-1_0w.jpg

Last edited:
I'd rather have a Toyota Landcruiser too. For when the Land Rover cannot hack it.

Now is this going to work ?

Attachments

• chris hummer1.jpg
    chris hummer1.jpg
    124.1 KB · Views: 78

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom