How strong W124s are

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

d w124

Hardcore MB Enthusiast
Car
w124 3.6AMG styling E320 S124 Lorinser styling
On my way home last night,just siting on trafic than BANG big time:mad:.This lady behind me hit me so hard,i thought i broke my back.Got out thinking that`s it,my bumper is gone.The car that hit me was a focus and the front bumper and grill gone,and it even started leaking water so i guess the radiator gone to.My car nothing and i even checked under the car this morning to see if the bumper brackets for any damage but all good :bannana:
At the top,i mean strong :doh:

Last edited:
I would suggest that you check the Spare Wheel Well and that you can remove the spare wheel, -- there was a case a few months ago where a car not sure which model was in a similar accident, no damage visible but the spare wheel was "pinched" into the well upon examination there was a small ripple in the boot floor closing up the spare wheel well.

I would suggest that you check the Spare Wheel Well and that you can remove the spare wheel, -- there was a case a few months ago where a car not sure which model was in a similar accident, no damage visible but the spare wheel was "pinched" into the well upon examination there was a small ripple in the boot floor closing up the spare wheel well.

Very good point, when i got mine it has a very very mild set of ripples in the spare wheel area.
Hope your ok d w124. more importantly i hope she rammed the phone up her nose in the crash. people who use phones whilst driving should get a :ban:
l

Checked everything mate,all good :)

Get the car checked out anyway - a hard shunt like that must of caused some sort of damage - check for hairline cracks in your bumper paint and also that the car still drives straight. Hard shunts can cause crabbing

go to A&E for your back as whiplash happens later it is not only yr car but yourself and this could be permenant make sure you have her details and her insurance and the fact she was on the mobile is definitely prosecution by the police

I would get checked out by a Doctor, I was in a car when it was rear ended (30mph+ and our car was stationary) The pain started 4 -5 hours after the crash, it was insane PAIN, I went to A&E they sorted me out but i still get pains in my neck in cold weather and when lifting heavy things or working on the car. Also get the car checked on a jig.

K

I used to have a 1972 Mercedes 220 (diesel!), anyway I was stopped once on an off ramp with lights, when I was rear ended. It wasn't major but I did move forward (foot on the brake).

It was a gent in a rental VW Bora. He needed a new bumper, headlight and wing.

There was no damage on the Merc except that a day later I noticed a hairline crack in the lens of one rear lamp cluster, which I obtained very cheaply.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom