HOW TO: Activate Park Assist

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

KillerHERTZ

Administrator
Staff member
Car
SL63 AMG
Hi Guys,

Trouble using Park Assist? Cant get your head around how it works and what the P symbol means on the dashboard?

Check out my latest video:
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Also, check out all the videos on my channel:
www.youtube.com/killerhertzmercedes

Thanks!

Hi Guys,

Trouble using Park Assist? Cant get your head around how it works and what the P symbol means on the dashboard?

Check out my latest video:
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Also, check out all the videos on my channel:
www.youtube.com/killerhertzmercedes

Thanks!
Great video, just like the rest of them !!! In my first merc ( 2010 E class 200 CDI w212 ) it had the basic park assist., where you basically manually follow the instructions on the dash. Now I've recently upgraded to a 2014 E class 220 w212 CDI, and am wondering if it is capable of self parking like the one in your video.??? Thanks.

Mine has park assist but I have to control the steering wheel
There are different types. Some find the parking and park the car (semi automatically, as you still have to select gears etc) others give you guidance on which way to turn the wheel etc.

I’m sure mine also helps you exit a parking position after I’ve used the assist to enter it

Yeah all the cars are different it just depends which spec it came with. Some can reverse into spaces and some can only parallel park - never trusted them and always much quicker to do it yourself but nevertheless very useful at times

It was 6 months before I realised I had it on my 2020 Vito van 😂

My E Class can park itself by forward or reverse park and even parallel park no need to steer, brake or change a gear.

Good fun 1st time to test it but you brake by habit. Needs to find a single space NOT a bigger space when in search mode and does an ok job. Tested parallel in a space down esplanade and did it perfect. Not used it since as just a gimmick to show folk for a laugh.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom