How to cancel RDS Traffic Announcements using Multi function steering wheel

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Goldfish11

Car
C220 CDI (09/11 - Facelift) & SLK200
I have owned my EClass for 4 years and have just discovered this :bannana:

I was getting really frustrated as it seemed mad that if you got an RDS TA traffic announcement you could not cancel it from the Multi Function wheel you have to reach over and press any button on the Comand Unit. (It took me about a year to realise any button could be pressed and not just mute)

Anyway if you have selected the the "Audio" menu so it is displayed in the instument cluster (using the Multi function steering wheel, menu scroll keys on the left of the wheel) You can then see the CD track or Radio station you are listening to. If TA (Traffic Annoucement) kicks in you see the TA radio station that the radio has tuned to and if you press either the UP or DOWN Arrow on the left of the wheel the annoucement is cancelled and you revert to the thing you were originally listening to ;)

This now means I dont need to take a hand off the steering wheel when travelling at Mach .001 on the M1 to cancel TA messages I am not interested in and even if I am in an other menu you can scroll with a couple of thumb presses and cancel TA in a few seconds.

I had to tell everyone this as I remember posting about this 4 years ago and everyone said you could not use the wheel to cancel TA messages. I suspect this can be done on all MB vehicles with the Multi function steering wheel.

Yours less distracted,

Goldfish (who is still trying to understand the depths of technology on his 4 year old car:confused: )

Last edited:
Excellent! That's been frustrating me for *AGES*! Cheers!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom