HOW TO: Change Mercedes COMAND Start Up Logo to AMG - CLS W219 & E Class W211 + Others

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

^ AMG trim doesn't make it an AMG:D

Kidding! ..... you go ahead and put whatever you like on it.

I think I read in an MB doc somewhere that stated should a car come into the workshop with the AMG start-up screen enabled but wasn't an AMG model, the dealership should disable the option.

I think I read in an MB doc somewhere that stated should a car come into the workshop with the AMG start-up screen enabled but wasn't an AMG model, the dealership should disable the option.

I’d be reminding the dealer that it is not their car to tamper with and to revert it back to the way you had it.

I’d be reminding the dealer that it is not their car to tamper with and to revert it back to the way you had it.
I wish I could find that doc again, sure it detailed something along the lines of refusing to work on, or repair under warranty anything to do with COMAND. Obviously no concern to owners of these early models.
It was just interesting to read how MB, then, was keen on protecting the AMG image and of course getting out of warranty work

They were so been on preserving the AMG image they invented Amg-line.

All manufacturers want the halo effect to filter down from their top models.

M sport, s line, even ford now have st-line to describe their cars with rock hard suspension and weedy engines.

They were so been on preserving the AMG image they invented Amg-line.

All manufacturers want the halo effect to filter down from their top models.

M sport, s line, even ford now have st-line to describe their cars with rock hard suspension and weedy engines.

Weird tho how they are happy to fit AMG trim and wheels to help sell more units !

"For the times they are a-changin'." ...

Mine has AMG trim and sometimes I sit in it making loud Vroom! Vroom! noises.

Seriously I would not alter mine but if anyone has an urge to then go ahead.

Robin

Do we really need yet another AMG badge on non AMG thread?

Given that updating the sat nav is too much bother I doubt they would do that either!

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
Hi does this work on a clk320 07 plate because when I saw your video clip on YouTube I tried it but all it done was rebooted the system
Any ideas?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom