How to change the automatic gerbox oil and flush on a 722.6 'box

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Hi
Just a little question.
I've a slight weep on the pilot bush of my CLK320. The box becomes reluctant to shift when cold. Last time this happened (2 years ago - told you it was a weep! ) I had the box topped up and it's been fine until recently.
If I get a dip stick, how do you know how much fluid is needed if it's low? Is it 1cm = 500 ml or anything sensible?

I know I'm a skinflint and should have the bush done....but :doh:

Thanks.

Jim

How many Km or miles had this oil? and actually had the cover from the dipstick hole?

c15htn said:
Hi Just a little question. I've a slight weep on the pilot bush of my CLK320. The box becomes reluctant to shift when cold. Last time this happened (2 years ago - told you it was a weep! ) I had the box topped up and it's been fine until recently. If I get a dip stick, how do you know how much fluid is needed if it's low? Is it 1cm = 500 ml or anything sensible? I know I'm a skinflint and should have the bush done....but :doh: Thanks. Jim

Buy a dipstick off of ebay. They bottom out on the floor of the box so are made extra long. Graduation is in hot and cold so clear to read.

MBruto said:
What is your opinion on this flushing procedure developed in this video at minute 8:40? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ycRvziFunj4&t=9s

I did the same but had the luxury of a lift. I cut the bottom off the filter and found a piece of tube that fitted. It's good to have some help to start and stop the engine as it pumps the oil pretty fast and can soon empty a container.

Thanks for the guide olly but I think I'll leave this for you to do! ;)

Careful with eBay dipsticks... I made the mistake of buying one to check the level after dong an oil change. The dipstick measuring end was made of seriously flimsy plastic. This resulted in the measuring part, flexing into the sump and giving a false reading. I could dip it and get a different reading every time! Sent it back for a refund in the end and took it to my local independent to measure the oil.

From what I've read, the dipstick should have a a conical part at the top of the measuring guide to stop it bottoming out. The one I had bought, had this but it wasnt beefy enough and allowed it to go past the stop point.

This one looks good and apprently fool proof too:
Mercedes Transmission Gearbox Dipstick Tool 722.6 W203 W208 W210 W211 W220 ML CL

Last edited:
Some of the fleabay ones are generic so not the proper exact length for a 5g box. 1600mm iirc.

Good morning,
I am going to do this operation on my G55, but I dont understand how to flush/connect flushing hose to the banjo adapter? Can anyone send pic or explain plesase?>
What adaptor I need to attach to the banjo hose, Thanks

I know this is an older thread, but looking at just what needs to be done and the potential for error it strikes me that what an Indy charges is actually pretty good value!

Every 40,000. I do it for £165

Hello Sir - sorry quoting an old post so understand if things have changed but interested in what you would charge for this on a w203 c class including the TC flush, new atf filter, sump pan gasket and new atf fluid? Many thanks.

Hello Sir - sorry quoting an old post so understand if things have changed but interested in what you would charge for this on a w203 c class including the TC flush, new atf filter, sump pan gasket and new atf fluid? Many thanks.

If this post goes unseen by Olly or Natasha, get in touch through their website

https://www.prestigecarservice.co.uk/

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom