How to change W202 B Pillar trims

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

R2D2

MB Enthusiast
Car
C350
We have a nice choice of B pillar trims on a W202. Classic and Esprit have plain black ones, Elegance have gloss black ones, and Sport have one of at least different types of Carbon effect trims.
4893334491118200555159AM.jpg

To change them you need to first remove the cap covering the window ledge trim.
4893334491118200555836AM.jpg

You then need to lift out of its retaining clips the end of the window ledge trim by inserting a screwdriver and gently lifting the trim up until it pops out.
4893334491118200560111AM.jpg

You will then have proper access to the B pillar trim. At the top and bottom of each trim is a retaining screw hidden by the rubber door seal. Hold back the rubber seal until you can see the screws and remove them. The B pillar trim has like a hooked front edge which clips onto the frame of the door. Gently pull the trim from its hooked position.
4893334491118200560230AM.jpg

To fit the new trim just do the whole process in reverse.

Tips: be very careful of your surrounding paint and when refitting the screws make sure the metal plates they screw into are still in the correct position i.e covering the holes.
HTH

That's qute handy. Whoever owned my car previously polished it so much that the carbon effect has been rubbed off. I will have to try a breakers for a new pair. :)

Wezzel said:
That's qute handy. Whoever owned my car previously polished it so much that the carbon effect has been rubbed off. I will have to try a breakers for a new pair. :)

Look under Class. there are some good used ones ;)

I've got 9 spare in my garage!! (But it wasnt me who nicked them!)

Wezzel said:

Mine had worn away mainly on the drivers door, I removed all of them and got some black film (from a signwriter) and covered them, cheaper than replacing them they are about £40 each! :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom