How to Clean Chrome Window Surrounds?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Well the race glaze polish didn’t really do much for the rear deck trim of the A207. It works well on the window trims that don’t seem to be affected in the same way. As others have noted the cloudiness seems to be within the coating of the metal trim. Looks like solar damage from water droplets sitting on the trim. So it can’t really be polished out as it is not on the surface.

Well the race glaze polish didn’t really do much for the rear deck trim of the A207. It works well on the window trims that don’t seem to be affected in the same way. As others have noted the cloudiness seems to be within the coating of the metal trim. Looks like solar damage from water droplets sitting on the trim. So it can’t really be polished out as it is not on the surface.
Thanks for the update! Hmm if it works a bit I might try it anyway...mine aren’t actually too bad,

I tried a few things that didn't work, including Meguiar's ScratchX 2.0.

Ultima Paint Prep Plus apparently worked for SarahAnn200, so i just bought some and will give it a go once it stops raining.

If that doesn't work, the options are either wrapping, or new strips.

(I also saw on eBay stick-on chrome stripes, but I'm concerned it will look nuff)

EDIT: just saw MrGreedy's post, I guess that Autosol is next on the list.....
Mine is black gloss, not chrome Mark

Mine is black gloss, not chrome Mark

Thanks. Mine is chrome at the top, black gloss at the bottom. The black gloss is actually worse affected.

Ah right. Mine is still fine. It must be about a month since I did it and I've washed it twice a week. I didn't use anything on top when I had used the Ultima :)

Was there a decent solution to this issue? Picked up my A207 E220d cabrio yesterday and noticed the cloudiness when I got home. Also realised the sills are FULL of water after hearing it sloshing around at low speed. Have unscrewed the plug holes slightly to let it drain overnight.

The cloudiness does not seem to be on the surface of mine so the posh polish I bought just cleaned it all up a bit but didn’t get to the route cause. Even put the da on it to see what happened. Nada. I’m just living with it as mine is a 2010 car so it’s just a bit of character now!

I have same issue with gloss black trims. Tried everything but only cure seems to be new ones

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom