How to clean seatbelts?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Kourosh

Car
SL500 2007
Hi all!

My seatbelts (in alpaca grey) are really dirty; the previous owner must have had really grubby hands!

Anyway, they really let the rest of the interior down. Any suggestions as how I might clean them? A fairly virgorous rub ;) with a cloth soaked in various cleaning products did not seem to make much difference...

Thanks

Hi all!

My seatbelts (in alpaca grey) are really dirty; the previous owner must have had really grubby hands!

Anyway, they really let the rest of the interior down. Any suggestions as how I might clean them? A fairly virgorous rub ;) with a cloth soaked in various cleaning products did not seem to make much difference...

Thanks

When i got my car it was filthy (got it off a mechanic!!) i ended up letting the belts soak in washing up powder over night!!! took them all off first - bit extreem i know, but im a picky sod:D

try some washing up liquid, warm water, a stiff nail brush and some elbow grease.

Ace laundry bleach in a green bottle from the supermarket works wonders on the pale grey interior on Smart Pure's that might do the trick here too.

Kate

I have the same interior and sponge (standard dishwash variety-new) water,Daz fabric powder about 1 scoop and about 5 liters of warm water.

As good as new! I must admit the rear ones are a bit tricky but perseverance and hardwork will pay off!
For the rear seatbelts, I found that it was easier to opem the rear windows and access it from the outside.

I have always found this type of product http://www.vanish.co.uk/vanish_laundry.shtml#pretreat together with a sniff nail brush and a little hot water to be particularly effective. I would be wary of using any strong bleaching products in case they weaken the fibres in the belt which give it strength.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom