How to confirm Mercedes Approved Garage

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
From the Mercedes-Benz South West website:

I believe that there continue to be Mercedes Mobilo branded vehicles but the service is now operated by the RAC who replaced Mondial Assistance, and so mobile technicians TUPEed across from Mondial to the RAC.
Just chuffing typical.. We last used it 12 months ago when the rear of our car dropped and that was Mobilo with the Exeter Technician turn up in their works van. Now it looks likle we have joined the 'common man' and have cover with the RAC.... That is soooo middle class :(

I am going to phone Exeter and jolly well give them a good talking to or three :)

Big hugs to MD5 and hopefully I did not come across as a pesky nuisance

Me, Wrong??? Mein Gott!!

Hi Bobby and MD5

I wanted to be sure about Mobilo and I have ALWAYS talked about my 'personal' experience and so this morning I contacted our local main dealer. Now first off and MOST important, I am NOT saying or suggesting that Bobby Dazzler is wrong, far from it. Mercedes-Benz Southwest covers a vast area and reading the informative post by Bobby it is clear that some dealerships within this franchaise do use the RAC but for both Jim and myself, we are fortunate and I can confirm that Mobilo is covered by our Exeter dealership...

Thank you for your email. We still use our own technicians for our 24hour mobilo breakdown cover. If you do need their assistance please call them on 0080017777777 and they will be happy to help.

One does have to know their place in today's society and we here on the English Riviera demand that Mercedes personal touch :)

One does have to know their place in today's society and we here on the English Riviera demand that Mercedes personal touch :)
I have to say I was surprised at the lack of valet parking at the Ellacombe Con club!

I have to say I was surprised at the lack of valet parking at the Ellacombe Con club!
Ellacombe sir, Ellacombe :) :) A 'quaint' area of Torquay and possibly one of the oldest areas of our resort

I confess to having felt guilty about saying we still had Mobilo cover and was surprised when Bobby posted that informative link. What folks might not realise is the vast area covered by this franchise, the whole of Cornwall, the whole of Devon and then a large dealership in Somerset but luckily for the folks that use the Exeter dealership, we still have that original Mobilo service.

I am assuming the RAC offer that same professional service? If the mobilo technician decides the vehicle has to be taken to their workshop then a flat-bed truck will collect the car and by then that same technician will have arranged for Enterprise to deliver a similar-sized \mercedes-Benz. Is this the same service as we get if the RAC get called out to you?

Ellacombe sir, Ellacombe :) :) A 'quaint' area of Torquay and possibly one of the oldest areas of our resort

I confess to having felt guilty about saying we still had Mobilo cover and was surprised when Bobby posted that informative link. What folks might not realise is the vast area covered by this franchise, the whole of Cornwall, the whole of Devon and then a large dealership in Somerset but luckily for the folks that use the Exeter dealership, we still have that original Mobilo service.

I am assuming the RAC offer that same professional service? If the mobilo technician decides the vehicle has to be taken to their workshop then a flat-bed truck will collect the car and by then that same technician will have arranged for Enterprise to deliver a similar-sized \mercedes-Benz. Is this the same service as we get if the RAC get called out to you?
Yes the service is just as you describe, with recovery and hire car if necessary. The patrol - both car and uniform - is still Mercedes branded (or at least it was when they came out to me), they just work for the RAC, not Mondial Assist as was previously the case.

If a Mobilo technician can’t attend - either because they’re too busy or it’s out of hours - then an RAC-branded patrol will attend. This was previously the case too - Mobilo used to dispatch a local breakdown/recovery service (Greenflag style).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom