How to connect iPhone

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Technophobe

Car
W204 C200cdi BlueEfficiency Elegance
Can any one advise me? Have recently bought a March 2010 w204 C200 CDI BlueEFFICIENCY Elegance auto saloon. The factory options include COMAND with Navigation and 6CD changer. I can see there is connector under a plastic cover in the centre console, but no cables etc. I've also looked in the glovebox (as several posts talk of pre facelift models having connectors in glovebox) and can see no aux input or similar.:confused:

Does my vehicle have the Media Interface? If so, how do I connect my iPhone? Will it be necessary to invest £250 in the cradle to go in the centre console? IS there a connector in the glovebox I have missed? Have the cables that came with the vehicle gone missing, or were they not supplied as standard? If I have to buy cables or other accessories, which is the most cost-effective solution (I don't live in my car or use it as an office, so all singing and dancing setups not needed)?

Appreciate any help folks can offer.

You can connect your phone via Bluetooth without a cradle see your Comand userguide.

Thanks npuk,

I have already done that, unfortunately it only permits me to make and receive calls, not play my iTunes library through the car system, which is what I am seeking to do.

A media interface is extra, but you have to look throughout the comand menu to access it.
I can attach my iPhone via bluetooth or via a small rectangular connector and cable which live in the glovebox.

Media interface is a approximately 1cm oblong socket into which you plug in the appropriate lead to connect your iPhone, USB or even a standard 3.5mm item. The leads come in a pack with Media Interface but can be purchased from eBay if the dealer won't give them to you

Media interface is a approximately 1cm oblong socket into which you plug in the appropriate lead to connect your iPhone, USB or even a standard 3.5mm item. The leads come in a pack with Media Interface but can be purchased from eBay if the dealer won't give them to you

Thanks for the info.

There is clearly a socket in the centre console which matches the description, so it looks like media interface is fitted but cables not supplied. I'll source a cable set (USB/iphone/aux) via e-bay and take it from there.

Media interface is standard with Comand. Comand Online sell the cable set, but if you only got the car recently why dont you ask the dealer who supplied the car for them?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom