How to disable the seat belt alarm

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dean-C250

Car
C Class C250 CDI Blue efficiency
Please can I ask the best way to disable the seat belt alarm. If you need this device then you really shouldn't be allowed on the road. I had a clio 172 before and i just pulled the clip out of the seatbelt socket and it worked a treat. I cant seem to do this it with the merc. I assume if i just cut the wire to the seatbelt socket there will be two wires. Then i just need to strip it and link them together to complete the circuit. Am I correct? I don’t really want to do this though, there are wires under the seat I wondered if i could link these if they are connected? It's just annoying I cant let it beat me! Just before some people give me a lecture think of this, I almost ALWAYS wear my seat belt but I always take it off when reversing or driving round the works multi-storey car park. Any expert knowledge could be appreciated The spare buckle trick is no good as i wear my seat belt, thanks.:bannana:

The seat belt circuit uses occupancy sensors in the seat so your proposed scheme is going to be difficult to implement - the car knows you are in the seat and expect you to use the seat belt.

Perhaps most improtantly, the SRS systems (including the seat belt and occupancy sensor) will fall into the new MoT checks that are about to be introduced (have been?) so your car would become an instant MoT failure if you interfere with the SRS systems in any way.

Best get used to the chime, or learn to reverse with you belt on. Everyone else can reverse and also navigate multi story car parks belted up, why can't you?:confused:

Just turn the radio up full blast.

That, or learn to reverse with your seatbelt on....

If you somehow disable the alarm, what if it also disables the drivers airbags as well?

I also take my seat belt off to reverse but mine doesnt beep for that. I sometimes drive 800 yards to pick my son from school and I dont bother using my seatbelt and it will only start beeping 100 yards to the school.

I also take my seat belt off to reverse but mine doesnt beep for that. I sometimes drive 800 yards to pick my son from school and I dont bother using my seatbelt and it will only start beeping 100 yards to the school.

I remember Jimmy Saville commenting on this very issue, whilst eating a peach and carrying a hammer. Or something like that.

Thanks for some of the replies, i like the radio one the best ..lol.. I know most off you have safety in mind but i am certain it's only a matter of completing the circuit for the seatbelt which will not affect any othe systems. I will do some more research.

I can't believe you get in the car to do 800yds!

Please can I ask the best way to disable the seat belt alarm. If you need this device then you really shouldn't be allowed on the road. I had a clio 172 before and i just pulled the clip out of the seatbelt socket and it worked a treat. I cant seem to do this it with the merc. I assume if i just cut the wire to the seatbelt socket there will be two wires. Then i just need to strip it and link them together to complete the circuit. Am I correct? I don’t really want to do this though, there are wires under the seat I wondered if i could link these if they are connected? It's just annoying I cant let it beat me! Just before some people give me a lecture think of this, I almost ALWAYS wear my seat belt but I always take it off when reversing or driving round the works multi-storey car park. Any expert knowledge could be appreciated The spare buckle trick is no good as i wear my seat belt, thanks.:bannana:

It can be disabled easily with STAR but whenever we have been asked to do it we politely refuse.

It will probably stop eventually.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom