How to dismantle inner door panel?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

m7m

Need to remove the inner part of the driver's door on a W210 to check the operation of the electric window.
I understand that it should not be difficult to remove the lower part of the pannel (since the upper part contains the air bag). But I am not sure how to remove it without damaging anything.
I bought a workshop manual from an eBay seller. The contents are so basic that it is of no use to me.
So, any advice from you will be appreciated.

The door panel is one peice , and will not seperate .
To remove the panel
Theres a TX30 screw behind the SRS symbile , another TX30 screw behind the round cover thats under the door handle part if the panel and then theres another TX30 screw behind the trim peice at the door release lever .
With these 3 screws out next unscrew the C shaped cover around the dorr latch , its a Philips head screw .
Now use a plastic leaver and follow along the edge of the panel and release the platic clips that attach the panel to the door .
When these are all releasd , the panel will now only be caught on its top edge by 4 clips , push up wards on the panel and this will release this top lip .
Now disconnect the release cable , door panel lights .

Thank you for the information, especially the link to the website. :thumb:

that's a great link

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom