How To Drive A Hummer In Iraq

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
And Americans still fail to understand why they are so unpopular over there.

That's what I thought originally but you can hear the horn sounding and I think they were in a proper emergency situation.

I suppose they no longer have a choice. If they drive slowly or stop, they become a target for small arms fire or a grenade throw.

That's what I thought originally but you can hear the horn sounding and I think they were in a proper emergency situation.

They all have to drive like that to avoid minimize RPG's and IEDs attack when stationary.The pedestrians didn't seem to worried.The horn didn't seem load enough to alert people.The Americans spend trillions on military hardware but have limp hooters :-(
The British army on the other hand are polite but horribly exposed in Land Rovers perhaps explaining why they gave up patrolling hot areas some time ago.

adam

Last edited:
Most of the drivers could have moved over but were too dozy to do so even with the horn sounding...

What would you have done, stopped patiently waiting to be lynched or blown to smithereens?

lol typical americans, come to a roundabout, panic and go left ike its easier to go against traffic in a packed roundabout than with it!

'look dad, big ben!'

No. This is how you bring democracy and freedom to the Iraqui people.

I dont see petrol prices going down below or to near what they were when the iraqi invasion started, whats the point!?

I agree the horn was continually being sounded, which indicated and we could hear the conversations taking place in the vehicle. There was certainly not anything that indicated they were responding to an emergency? The impression the footage gave was this was the accepted standard of driving. I think we can all understand the terrible conditions the military are under? Remain stationary and you are a target?? However we are led to believe our troops are now being supported by the locals and they want us to be there??

If anyone thinks this behaviour is going to win over the hearts and minds of the citizens of Iraq, then they are in cuckoo land. The hummer could have really rammed the slower moving vehicles but at least it was mostly gentle tapping the rear of the obstructing vehicles?

John

The british and americans are never going to 'win' the hearts and minds me the iraqi people or for that matter any other muslim nation. The most that they could hope to achieve is to be tolerated.

There is only one democracy in the middle east. They do not work in muslim countries. Democracy cannot be imposed on a country it has to be the deepest will of the people. There will never be democracy in iraq and it is hopeless to try, some people cannot be governed by a democratic government and most middle eastern countries fall in to this category unfortunately
The only option is to withdraw and let them sort the mess out but this is both unfair to average iraqi and is dangerous for the world as it will undoubtably turn iraq in to a terrorist state once again.

Last edited:
Thats just north of Cardiff heading for the valleys.

gary

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom