How to find VIN with registration plate?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Status
Not open for further replies.
No Bob. It appears our access is now denied:(

Looks like their systems fully changed on the 1st of the month. Oh well, time to find another :)

Let me know if you find one Bob. I'll be looking too.

Can't even Google it, as all the results will point to here :doh:

Hi
Could someone be kind enough to get me the VIN please

HX63KHK

Can PayPal gift just message me
Thanks

WDD2183232A082046

Hi Patrick,

Do you still have access to BP or do you have some other access ?

Good afternoon. I have put a deposit down on my first Mercedes. I would like the vin number so that I can see all the options that were fitted from new. RJ63LNR.

Many Thanks

Wayne

Good afternoon. I have put a deposit down on my first Mercedes. I would like the vin number so that I can see all the options that were fitted from new. RJ63LNR.

Many Thanks

Wayne
Unfortunately those that had the required access to be able to provide this have recently had this taken away.

If you have placed a deposit on the car, you should just be able to get the VIN from the seller surely?

Unfortunately those that had the required access to be able to provide this have recently had this taken away.

If you have placed a deposit on the car, you should just be able to get the VIN from the seller surely?
Thanks for the reply. I pick the car up on Saturday so its not a problem. I'm just impatient :)

Wayne

There are a couple who have different access. I'm sure they will post when they see this.

This forum is not the place for you to get free Reg to Vin numbers.
As you are a dealer, get one of the paid for sites and decode them yourself.

Sorry, but we have done loads for you in the past.

Have I broken any forum rule or anything as such? Well, I do apologise if I have.

Well, could you please be kind enough to recommend me a few sources if you don't mind? I was using a few in the past but they seem to be down.

Kind Regards,

Have I broken any forum rule or anything as such? Well, I do apologise if I have.

Not exactly but it's been pointed out to you before.

You can ask as much as you like bit folks don't have to oblige.

Well, could you please be kind enough to recommend me a few sources if you don't mind? I was using a few in the past but they seem to be down.

You have already been pointed in the right direction.

Thank you very much, I was looking for another method since the BMW Warranty one no longer works.. will be very useful for me since I do business with cars, (buying and selling)

Fayiz

As a motor industry professional, I suggest you sign up to ukvehicledata.co.uk

Its inexpensive, and gives you lots of extra history including number plate changes, owners, MOT history etc

On a bit of a tangent perhaps, but why are sellers so reluctant to furnish a potential buyer with the VIN?

Before travelling to see a car for sale I do as much desktop research as possible to understand the vehicle.

MOT and its history is easy of course, and can unearth some interesting info.
Seeing where it was MOT'd is only possible with the latest cert number, shame.
The VIN is a great way to understand what the vehicle has in the way of oem kit and what has been added later.
Also easy from the VIN is to understand the Euro standard it's manufactured to, good for London buyers requiring EU6 nowadays.

But buyers generally refuse to divulge the VIN even though in a lot of cases a person only has to look through the front screen to get one if they are looking for a clone potential, so not overly protected security wise.
Some BCA sites used to give it, others wouldn't, don't know if there is a policy nowadays as their web site just got too involved to enter and browse.

I don't see any point in these sellers disguising the number plate either. It sits on the street for all to see so they aren't preventing much.

Whatama missing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom