How to finish off the glass after waxing paintwork?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

cws196

Car
S205 C250d AMG Premium+
Interested to know how other people tackle glass-work after the car has been waxed? Do you wax all the glass as well or do you use a glass-cleaner after you've finished waxing to remove smearing?

If needed i use some ipa and finish with any cheap supermarket glass cleaner which seem to work great.

I have the AG polish which i use a couple of times a year but it's very dusty and have to give the car a quick dust around after using it.

If i'm 100% honest though the glass comes up nice with a couple of cheap micro fibre towels after washing, one to dry and one to buff.

The only one i struggle with is the inside windscreen in the summer which always needs a bit of IPA and glass cleaner which i imagine is due to the plastic dashboard releasing gasses when hot in the summer which gives the glass an annoying smeary coating.

If it gets too bad then i lay a towel across the dash and clay mit the thing with a shampoo solution and finish with glass cleaner.

Once or twice a year I use BarKeepers Friend on the windscreen outside, followed by RainX. Inside, I use one of those £4 ‘microfibre on a stick’ jobbies, with a tiny spray of QD, then wiped with a microfibre draped over the jobbie.

If I'm just giving the glass a clean I'll tend to go with the Autoglym glass cleaner as it just works well and is smear free. On other people's cars I might use the Rain-X glass cleaner as it's got a decent bit of water repellency to it.

I treat my glass with Angelwax H2Go which an excellent rain repellent, surprisingly easy to apply as well. :)

My other half was a cleaner at the bank along with other places . She told me about a glass cleaner she used that cost just £1 a bottle called Astonish Glass Cleaner . We have these 12 a time off ebay. I said its no good .That was untill i gave it a go .There is nothing like it and its the best i have ever used . No duster marks after your finished .Give it a try for the cost of it per bottle . Its clear,, so no residue left at the end of your job

My other half was a cleaner at the bank along with other places . She told me about a glass cleaner she used that cost just £1 a bottle called Astonish Glass Cleaner . We have these 12 a time off ebay. I said its no good .That was untill i gave it a go .There is nothing like it and its the best i have ever used . No duster marks after your finished .Give it a try for the cost of it per bottle . Its clear,, so no residue left at the end of your job

I have it in the boot, all the Astonish stuff is pretty good. :)

If I'm just giving the glass a clean I'll tend to go with the Autoglym glass cleaner as it just works well and is smear free. On other people's cars I might use the Rain-X glass cleaner as it's got a decent bit of water repellency to it.

I treat my glass with Angelwax H2Go which an excellent rain repellent, surprisingly easy to apply as well. :)
That Angelwax sounds interesting , does it ever cause a stutter in the windscreen wipers when it’s applied ?

That Angelwax sounds interesting , does it ever cause a stutter in the windscreen wipers when it’s applied ?

I use H2go, it works very well, applied to the wiper blades too, never had a problem with any judder etc, it works best like most things with a good prep and IPA wipe down first. after that I don't even need glass cleaner, just use Carpro echo @1/15 or Waxplanet Vapourized as a drying aid and they are streak free every time.

1 thing i will say is that is that the glass towels you use are even more important than the cleaner itself..

I use H2go, it works very well, applied to the wiper blades too, never had a problem with any judder etc, it works best like most things with a good prep and IPA wipe down first. after that I don't even need glass cleaner, just use Carpro echo @1/15 or Waxplanet Vapourized as a drying aid and they are streak free every time.
Thanks buddy , I’ll stick it on the ever growing “ to do “ list :)

TBH bud, Most are really good, G technique, Nanolex and so on, I have Wowo's Crystal sealant on the wife's car and that works very well too... just be sure to use a coating safe glass cleaner from that point on otherwise it will remove them.

Reactions: AMV
chrisk 2010 Yes thats good but i dont know about the other Astonish products only the glass cleaner .
The only Astonish product I've ever used is the ceramic hob cleaner and it is brilliant so I'll get some of their glass cleaner.

I clean it with Holts Mixra, applied on a microfibre pad to totally clear road film, insects etc.

Then use Crystal Clear Glass Cleaner from Raceglaze.

G

Can't say I've ever noticed that. Just repels the water really well, a fresh coating on the motorway means you barely need the wipers on unless it's super heavy. :)

I wax the windows too.
After I buff the wax off and let it cure overnight, I then go over the car and windows with detailing spray.
I can throw a cloth up the bonnet and it’ll slide up the windscreen, over the roof, down back window and over the boot.
Love a detailed car.
But I’m strange like that 🤣

I wax the windows too.
After I buff the wax off and let it cure overnight, I then go over the car and windows with detailing spray.
I can throw a cloth up the bonnet and it’ll slide up the windscreen, over the roof, down back window and over the boot.
Love a detailed car.
But I’m strange like that 🤣

you and me Both!!!

Rashman you must have a magic duster- if it can climb up the window and over the roof haha.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom