How to finish off the glass after waxing paintwork?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Does waxing the windscreen cause judder on the wiper blades ?

Used whatever wax i was using at the time when doing the car, done this for years on many different cars without a hint of a problem

It’s Autoglym for me as well but I used RainX on the screen, it’s brilliant.
On my SL I’ve gone right over the top with Rain X and now hardly ever use the wipers except at slow speed.
When I pointed this out to the missus she was suitably impressed watching the rain just glide off the glass.

It’s Autoglym for me as well but I used RainX on the screen, it’s brilliant.
On my SL I’ve gone right over the top with Rain X and now hardly ever use the wipers except at slow speed.
When I pointed this out to the missus she was suitably impressed watching the rain just glide off the glass.
I must give RainX a try on my screen.

First time I hadn’t experience with RainX was in my sons van when I went along with him to pick up his new R1 Anniversary Edition.
Strangely enough on the way home on the M6 a rather nice black Merc Estate overtook is.
It was de badged with exception to the Merc star but I got my attention and turned out to be the CLS Shooting Brake.
Less than a month later we purchased ours replacing the Jaguar XF which had been written off just weeks after getting all four doors replaced due to corrosion.
You can Google that one 😠

go with an APC like surfex hd, then clay it to make it clean final step is a sealer I have heard super resin polish is goood

For RainX, do you use the combined cleaner/repellent or just the rain repellent (£7 and £3 respectively from Amazon)?

I wax the windows too.
After I buff the wax off and let it cure overnight, I then go over the car and windows with detailing spray.
I can throw a cloth up the bonnet and it’ll slide up the windscreen, over the roof, down back window and over the boot.
Love a detailed car.
But I’m strange like that 🤣
Rash also your car never gets wet so you could put what you like on the glass without issue!:cool:

Tony.

I use Angelwax H2Go which is a rain repellent. I have heard waxing windscreens can cause the wipers to judder but H2go is an excellent repellent.

As a glass cleaner Autoglym Fast Glass does exactly what it says on the bottle, works really well as a cleaner.

I use Angelwax H2Go which is a rain repellent. I have heard waxing windscreens can cause the wipers to judder but H2go is an excellent repellent.

As a glass cleaner Autoglym Fast Glass does exactly what it says on the bottle, works really well as a cleaner.
Totally agree buddy

Been using H2go for ages, for best results wash and decon the glass, finish with IPA neat., then apply 2 coats and apply to the wiper blades too. As for maintaining it. Generally I find that washing with a pure shampoo rinse and dry with a waffle weave towel is enough and dont often need a glass cleaner, but when I do I use Carpro Clarify as its suitable for coated glass

I use the distilled water collected from my dehumidifier use in a spray bottle and use the blue glass cloth from Wilco. (£3) In my opinion the main component in getting a good result is in the cloth you use more than the product.

Pop in to the £ shop ask for ASTONISH glass cleaner ..My wife is a cleaner for 20 years at the bank .She told me to use it ,,i have it off Ebay now in boxes of 6 .. Best glass cleaner i have ever used .

As said before, I use WWW all over, and that includes on the front screen. Rain repellent extrordinaire.

Last edited:
As said before, I use WWW all over, and that includes on the front screen. Rain repellent extrordinaire.
Ive never put WWW on the front screen i didn't think you was supposed to do that? Ive never put on tyres either do you do that as well? is it any good ? lots of stuff ends up on your wings where i don't think that would.

Ive never put WWW on the front screen i didn't think you was supposed to do that? Ive never put on tyres either do you do that as well? is it any good ? lots of stuff ends up on your wings where i don't think that would.
Can’t say I’ve tried it on my tyres, but screen never had a problem.

Bohle Glass Cleaner and use 2 ply paper towels.

It's used professionally in the glass industry and cuts through anything!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom