HOW TO: Fit a Faclift front bumper onto a pre-facelift w202

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

KillerHERTZ

Administrator
Staff member
Car
SL63 AMG
How to: Fit an facelift Front bumper onto a pre-facelift w202 C-Class

Time taken 10-15 Mins

Tools required:
-10mm & 13mm Sockets
-A metal file
-Another person (Ideally)

1 Open up your bonnet, and locate the two bolts as shown: (You will need a 13mm Socket to unscrew these)

1.jpg

2 Then locate the other two bolts directly beneth the 1st two, in order to do this you will need to pull out the bumper trim (firmly) & it will swing towards you:

2.jpg

And unscrew them:

3.jpg

3 Once all bolts and washers (keep um safe!) have been removed, move over to the front wheel arch, you will need to pull the trim over the bumper (as seen below) to free the bumper for removal:

4.jpg

4 Once this trim has been pulled over, head back round to the front and gently but firmly pull the bumper towards you from the centre (number plate area).
If one side sticks, which it most likely will do, get help from other person - otherwise you will end up dropping one side of the bumper on the ground scratching it!

5 Now you will need to remove the bumper rails
To do this, get a 10mm socket and look under the rail too find 2x bolts which have to be unscrewed (see picture):

5.jpg

6.jpg

In order to make the facelift bumper fit snug, you will need to get a metal file set (about £8 from B&Q etc) and increase the hole size to about double the orignal size (see pics):

7.jpg

This will take a few attempts to get the bumper fitting snug under the front wing, Please note, its not intented to fit 100% under the wing & will stick out about 5mm).

6 Once your happy with the fitting, simply reverse the process & look in amazment at your younger looking motor!

Notes As you can see from some of the pics, I have some rust. I would advise most of you to remove your bumper(s) & check for rust in places that you normally wouldnt see, thus preventing major trouble in the future :crazy:

Last edited:
Anyone know where the pictures have gone for this HOW TO?
All I get are red crosses...:(

me too????

Im not with NTL anymore, so the pictures have been deleted, will have to try and find them all again...

KillerHERTZ said:
Im not with NTL anymore, so the pictures have been deleted, will have to try and find them all again...

Either that or in the meantime edit your first post so that instead of "10-15 minutes" it reads "several hours" :D

Shouldnt take longer than 15 mins to do!

Ive done it in about 3mins before :)

help anyone??

I've found two of the bolts on my w210 e300 front bumper, but i cant find the otehr two!! can anyone direct me to their location please?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom