How to get a car to the UK from Germany

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

av12ram

Car
'sl500AMG,e320AMG,500secAMG,'91 300seAMG,e280teAMG,560SELAMG,560SECAMG
I'm putting this post up for a friend of mine who wants to buy a E30 BMW from germany :crazy: but he wants to get the car picked up in Germany and delivered to his house/port. Any ideas on how he could do that?? Has anybody had any experiences bringing a car in from Germany and getting it delivered?
Thanks
Ali

Why doesn't he fly over and drive it back ? That's what I would do.

If he doesn't want to do that, had he a good friend that would do it for him ?

Haha. The car is a shed really, he's buying as a restoration project, apparently it starts and drives but from the pics he showed me, I don't think it'll make here.

Cheapest option would be to get someone to drive back all the costs associated with shipping that must be the best option.

Haha. The car is a shed really, he's buying as a restoration project, apparently it starts and drives but from the pics he showed me, I don't think it'll make here.

Needs trailered then ...

I went to Switzerland about 3 years ago to collect a non-driveable resto project.

I do tow, so my car has a towbar, but costs were about;

1850 mile round trip. (Redditch-Dover-Calais-Zurich and return)

Trailer hire for 1 week £150
Fuel £300
Ferry tickets £150
Hotel bill (2 nights) £200
Misc £100

and it was an epic 4 day road trip!!!

I found that Indespension will allow you to take a trailer abroad, they just need a bigger deposit. No issues at all.

I'm putting this post up for a friend of mine who wants to buy a E30 BMW from germany :crazy: but he wants to get the car picked up in Germany and delivered to his house/port. Any ideas on how he could do that?? Has anybody had any experiences bringing a car in from Germany and getting it delivered?
Thanks
Ali

try these guys Courier Services | UK Delivery Service Companies - Shiply

I was considering doing the same thing with a BMW Neue Klasse. I was going to go over with my trailer & drag it back but also stop at a breakers yard and pick up a bunch of spares

Just bringing a car over is relatively expensive but a load of E30 spares on top might pay for the trip. You could easily get a decent load of parts plus a car on a big trailer

Where in the UK is he and where is the car in Germany? I once brought back a Harley-Davidson in the back of my W124 Estate but it was a long trip to Northern Germany

Nick Froome

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom