how to get Comand Online to work ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

SquabzZz

Car
2017 GLC220 4MATIC
Hey People

My C Class Coupe has the Comand Online system and I know with a smart phone you can set the unit up to browse the web..

Problem Is that I have read the phone needs to support a DUN profile in order to achieve this now I have a Galaxy Note 4 and my MRS has iPhone 6. Do I need to download a app in order to make this work or can any one of these phones support what is needed without a 3rd party app..

If any one of these phones needs a app can anyone recommend a good one I do not mind purchasing as long as it works..

I heard BlueDUN for my galaxy is a good choice can anyone here vouch for it ?

kind regards

Ant

Bluedun works for Android but I think you'll find the whole Comand Online experience is somewhat underwhelming.

I use BlueDUN for ANDROID but it is total crap and far too slow.

I thought the newer Mercs could use Iphones???

Depends on car build date etc. Mine was registered in August 2013 and works with my iphone 5 no problem.

I was playing with this the other day but didn't have the book to hand (was too lazy to go into house for it)

I managed to get online and browse the net etc without downloading any additional apps but I had to set my phone (iPhone 6) up as a personal hotspot to connect through. My phone was already connected through bluetooth, not sure if this was needed or not once personal hotspot was established. It looks as though I need to turn personal hotspot on each time I want to use it though rather than the phone automatically detect Command and enable the functionality.

I was playing with this the other day but didn't have the book to hand (was too lazy to go into house for it)

I managed to get online and browse the net etc without downloading any additional apps but I had to set my phone (iPhone 6) up as a personal hotspot to connect through. My phone was already connected through bluetooth, not sure if this was needed or not once personal hotspot was established. It looks as though I need to turn personal hotspot on each time I want to use it though rather than the phone automatically detect Command and enable the functionality.

Yes thats how it works. Easiest way to get it to work is not have BT connected to car, switch on hotspot on your phone, the connect BT. When you go to services, it should set its self.

Thanks for the reply people

The Coupe is a 64 plate so my Mrs iPhone 6 should be fine

Will defiantly try that out tonight

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom