How to get rid of pigeons?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Borys

MB Enthusiast
Car
2005 cl500
Annoying.My allocated car park space is under a dead tree.Every day have pigeon waste or bird all over my car.
Visit to a car wash, back on car park - straight away bomb on my bonnet !!!! Cannot stand this anymore !!!!
Went to Council to apply for permit to park outside, nope as car park is allocated to your flat you cannot get one.
Can I trim the tree ? Council said area is private. As I owe the flat would it be legal to do so?
Any advise would be appreciated
Thanx

12 bore shotgun!

Who owns the tree?

If you don't own it...could you argue a dead tree might start falling apart...on to your car, and thus you might make a claim, especially if the owner had been warned?

Tree would be with Hyde Housing - phone call to them .... don't think they will care

A stuffed kestrel on the bonnet star will do the trick. Put it looking menacingly up to the tree.

If that doesn't work, a car cover will.

A bird crapped all over my car bonnet once. That was the last time I took her out.

If they're landing on the tree tie strands of fishing line to the branches. The movement of the line freaks the birds out and so they find somewhere else to sit. The bonus is that the lines are invisible to any passer by.

I've also suffered from pigeon problems previously.

Is it legal to get someone in to shoot them ?
I suffer all the time from this.

hw100thumbhole.jpg

Cut the tree down. Okay so you get your knuckles rapped for doing so but they ain't going to glue the tree back together and the pigeons will go somewhere else for a cr4p.

Is it legal to get someone in to shoot them ?
I suffer all the time from this.

Only if you keep these 2 rules in mind:

1. you can't discharge an air weapon within 50ft of a road
  2. the pellet must not leave your land boundary, so don't miss Lol :D
Apart from that fair game, well almost, some people don't like it and may call the police, which results in a knock on your door from armed response officers.

pidgeons have tiny stomachs, if you fold up dry rice or a paracetamol into bits of bread they eat it and it expands there stomach so much they explode. hopefully they wont explode over your car though.

pidgeons have tiny stomachs, if you fold up dry rice or a paracetamol into bits of bread they eat it and it expands there stomach so much they explode. hopefully they wont explode over your car though.

Thanks
Sounds like it might be worth a try

If the tree is dead then it is a danger to anyone who might be under it when it falls .

The council can order landowners to fell dangerous trees , even ones on private property . Speak to your council pointing out you believe there is a danger of the tree falling and causing either damage to property or injury to anyone in its way .

Leave the birds alone and buy yourself a car cover.

Wash the cover when necessary.

Delightful :(.

Thanks
Sounds like it might be worth a try

Apart from the wanton cruelty, others will take their place - birds aren't that bright.

What a vile thing to do to a living creature.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom