How to get rid of these email scams?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dragon

Banned
On the Orange email server, there is a button to report scams and to add to the blocked list. But the list has a limit of just 100. This scam list filled up very quickly. What the solution to this problem? :eek:

I had that problem with Wanadoo/Freeserve/Orange

Don't use orange for your email - just use them for internet connection.

For email i use yahoo and hotmail

Sorry Andy but IA2's advice is the best so far! ;)

Yep. I 2nd or 3rd that point.

Give up the net and you wont have any problems. In fact, give it up right now.

please

4,064 vs 908, who is the habitual spammer? :D
Are you sure you want to argue this?

Andy has just 2 posts per day since joining, you have 7 posts per day. I'm sure I could say something about quality rather than quantity but that's tricky to define :) .

The way I see it, the more spam you get the more you appreciate the genuine e-mails when they arrive! :)

What I can't work out is why we switch off a TV but leave a loudspeaker blaring......

On the Orange email server, there is a button to report scams and to add to the blocked list. But the list has a limit of just 100. This scam list filled up very quickly. What the solution to this problem? :eek:

Blocked lists are useless against spammers and scammers: they use a completely different 'from' address each time. Spam filters are only a partial solution.

The only way to beat the spammers and scammers is to move to a completely new e-mail address for private correspondence and only to give it to those people and organisations whom you trust not to pass it on. You would also need to have another e-mail address to use in other cases. This will become inundated with spam after a while, so use an account with an aggressive spam filter. The big free web mail services (e.g. Hotmail, Yahoo, Gmail) are pretty good at filtering out spam (as well as some non-spam).

USA.net have a decent email service. You can have as many sub-email addresses as you need.
Example. [email protected] - this one you don't give out.
Then [email protected] for web forms.
[email protected] for this fine place.
etc. etc. Helps trace where your email addy is getting sold from as well. You might be surprised. Once you know which address is was sent to you have a good idea who is selling their databases to the spammers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom